Interviews for Opth BU

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Apr 9, 2016 at 1:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When are they holding interviews at the local level? Unable to attend Chicago due to current employer obligations and was told there might be local. Anyone know?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. You're out. Whatever you have to do, cancel it and get your butt there. Then, don't forget to blow smoke up the VPs ass and tell her what a huge success she is. If you played travel sports be sure to mention.

Have a great selling day!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Weren't Chicago IVs two weeks ago?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boring, troll.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm actually amused by these posts. They're really funny, most of the time. Plus it's not like we aren't already thinking whats shared here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time or put your current job in jeopardy, it's a cattle call...Think of American Idol ;)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a good sign if only unemployed or people who play fast and lose with their jobs get a shot at interviewing. BS cattle calls.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you want to job you'll get there, take a sick day, make up an excuse to get off. Jeez come on use your noggin!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tedious, troll boy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a manager who was assigned to interview people for these cattle calls in the past, I have to say they are not effective at all. The whole process is nothing more than "very expensive speed dating" with all of the people flying in, staying over, having meals, etc.

What's worse is the shitty reputation we now have with the literally hundreds of people who wasted their time coming in, blowing vacation days and going home empty handed. I guess we can add this process to the other things around here that are not well thought out.

Here's an idea, let your managers manage, hire locally and use the cost savings to have a more motivational NSM.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an insightful statement coming from a "Manager". Let's see, so you can hire your "buds" without any oversight or feedback. Plus you can stay home, golf, cut the grass, and do whatever worthless managers do all day. Your "team" views you like a seagull. You fly in, squawk alot, and then shit on them when you do there FCR. Get a real job.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I echo your sentiments, but manager my ass!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually an RD... As in Regional Director. I report to ZD as in Zone Director. My ZD is a nut job who changes his mind based on what " management" tells him which is why I am being vague so as to not incriminate myself. Trust me, I lived these cattle calls and they suck! And for the record, I never hired "my buds" but in this new culture I guess I'm not trusted to find out. Sad state of affairs. Never mind hiring my buds, I feel like "smoking some buds" ;-)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG. Can the replies from KK be any more obvious? What rep or other "manager" is going to reply like this?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok ya I believe that this is an RD, so you're under Vandy it sounds like.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absurd answer. Shire will lose excellent candidates with such rigid requirements. Not having local interviews is highly unusual. Not everyone can travel to these wild goose chase interviews, especially people who need to protect their current paycheck.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shhhh. How dare you question Kathy and her leadership decisions. Don't you know she's only launched billion dollar products?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yawn, Yawn

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what does that have to do with the cattle car interviews?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cattle call is yet another of the many stupid, antiquated tactics that KK the VP has brought to Shire from her days at Merck despite HR and recruiting advising against doing this. It's all she knows and she brings her whole tool chest with her from company to company or wherever her band of vagrants take her. It's wash, rinse, repeat for something like 15-20 years now. I think she's like 52 and is set in her ways.