Interviewing - Company Car?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 27, 2017 at 6:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you get a company car or a car allowance? What are the car choices?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would have that information if you were interviewing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All cars are Merckcedes..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have my first phone interview next week. Thanks for being so helpful.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who the hell asks these kinds of questions? Why don't you call some Merck people and ask them dumbass?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a company car like all pharma jobs. I switched to med device last year...much happier, car allowance, no company car but way more money.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any lameass that asked a car question during an interview is automatically non hirable. Millennial dick heads!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont bother, asshole. You havent got a chance. Buy your own car.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you, skippy. Lets see how long you last. Make the numbers or youre gone.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will have unlimited use of various Merck cars if hired. Why? You will be required to date then marry a Merck manager so you will have use of your car and theirs. Later, the manager will hire other reps who you are both friends with and you can use all of their cars too! Welcome to the inbred Merck incestuous family. Once the inbreds children are old enough they will also be offered Merck positions. Cars galore!!! Deviate from the inbred policy and you will be shunned. Remember, the crony crowd hangs in packs. Be well.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but so true, if u join MRK heed the advice from this poster. It does take a while as many gals use their maiden names. Surprising how many Merck couples work here and then hire and promote friends, family and spouses to boot. There is no such thing as conflict of interest at MRK so beware.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, and thank goodness for the OPs question! Did I just wake up and its like the year 2000? What a retro blast from the past topic..(this had to be one of top 3 topics 15 years ago...#1 Hottest Rep! #2 Car? #3 How drunk was everyone at last meeting? ) Yes please make a major career decision based on whether you get the Ford or Chevy (or other similar vehicle- with 4wd available to limited geographic areas))

OP , bless your heart...yes ask this type questions first! What kind of vehicle, choice of models? color ? can anyone drive it? can you drive it into Mexico? How many personal miles can you take? What happens if you wreck- do I have to pay? - all good ones to ask within first 15 minutes of 1st interview...Car topic covered? Try these..Vacation time? flex time? Family leave? Religious holidays? Personal time off? medical leave? maternity leave? paid time off? educational sabbaticals?rehab leave? Fridays mandatory?

OK, Topic #2 covered.. as for topic #1 = Pfizer and #3 = lucky my DM worse off than rest of district

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why is everyone such an asshole about a harmless inquiry? Cars are suburu legacy, chevy malibu, chevy equinox, or if you are in a high snow area and put in a request, you can get a suburu forrester. Not sure if the chevy equinox suv is still a choice, but it used to be (for high snow areas)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the asshole.....asshole.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Millennial. Millennial. Millennial. Millennial. Millennial. Millennial. Millennial.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the OP's question just goes to show you who is getting interviews now...any seasoned (or even partially seasoned) rep from any pharma co would've known the car answer... at least this will give the DM a break from asking those probing STAR questions and joyfully explain auto options.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any interviewee that asked the car question would automatically be axed, bye bye!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All field employees including managers get what they deserve, a lezzie Subie wagon. Enjoy that VIP ride biatches, comes complimentary with a rainbow flag. POS ride fo POS delivery reps......

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Volt.