"Instead of..."

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 11, 2017 at 5:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doctor, "instead of" kicking me out of your office for using this statement, please understand my manager is right here with me making sure I say this (as so-called great thinkers in our company have come up with the idea that saying this will change behaviors). So "instead of" kicking me out, can I ask you to kick my manager out.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! So true. So instead of me actually making my sales goals you can pay me on "behaviors". WTF?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys gotta' play the game.........roll with the tide.....or get out.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess I will roll with the tide...instead of...actually selling.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

seriously, what has this organization's thinking on sales come to?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

management rolled out customer engagement and sold that with intense passion, most had to roll with it. It turned to be a big fiasco. I guess we keep on rolling, and keep smoking...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last time we said roll with the tide, Clemson kicked our ass.

Go Tigers

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are there to provide solutions. Before the solution can be provided we need to determine what needs the physician may have. The only way you'll determine that is by asking multiple open ended questions. I know it's uncomfortable but the old way of selling doesn't work in today's day and age. Mostly because the old way of selling doesn't exist, if I spend a total of 8 minutes a day selling to a doctor I'd be surprised, unless I have a lunch of course. We are all part of something bigger, it's called a sales training department that has too many people trying to justify their positions by coming up with stupid shit for us to focus on. It doesn't work, no doc wants to be uncomfortably interrogated between patients. Give us a break, go back to sales targets and let us manage our territories the best way we deem appropriate. You'd be surprised at how quickly morale would change.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gray hair here......we have been saying that since the 90's Sparky.......what's new ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to say I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy, but these days I am less sure of that