Initial Results from CP Job Satisfaction Survey

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Surveys' started by mbryan, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM.

1. mbryan

mbryan Administrator
    Staff Member

Over the next few days, we will release the results from our recent job satisfaction survey. The results below are only the initial findings and give broad overview of the results. We will post additional information over the next few days.

Responses by industry

Most of the responses were from those in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry – 82%. The next closest industry was medical device – 7.37%.

Avg Feeling About Job

This was rated on a scale of 1 to 7. 1 meant “I completely hate my job” and 7 meant “I completely love my job. 4 was neutral.

The average rating was 3.65. 9.09% chose 1 and 9.09% chose 7. The most common choice was 2 (28.28%). Overall, 55% expressed some degree of unhappiness with their current job. 11% were neutral.

Avg Feeling of Engagement

This was rated on a scale of 1 to 7. 1 meant “completely unengaged with my job and 7 meant “completely engaged with my job”. 4 was neutral

The average rating, 3.5, was similar to the average for the average feeling about current job. However, the individual rating choices resulted in a a different pattern. 15.31% chose 1 – completely unengaged with my job. 9.18% chose 7 completely engaged with my job. Overall, 56% felt at least somewhat disengaged. The primary difference between the ratings for overall feeling about job and feelings of engagement was the much more frequently chosen rating of feeling “completely unengaged” (15.31%) vs “completely hating my job” (9.09%).

Considering a job change

A significant number of respondents are considering a job change in 2016. 60% said they are definitely considering a job change and 23% said there were not considering changing jobs. 17% reported that they might consider a change in 2016.