Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Tiny Tim, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Guest

Lundbeck has lost its way out of the woods. Leadership didn't even leave a trail of cookie crumbs to lead them out. We are lost in a disoriented fog and there is no way out. Are we Otsuka's little brother or Takeda's? Maybe we are becoming Novo Nordisc or is it AZ. Perhaps it's JNJ or Lilly. Our leadership is participating in a major circle jerk and the field pays the price. Do they want call plan achievement or sales? Do they want cash or to help the patient one at a time ie. Starfish story. I miss the old Lundbeck with a car allowance, fun meetings, a relaxed non-big Pharma atmosphere and a true patient focused direction.
    Oh well it was fun while it lasted!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The old Lundbeck will never return. There will never be any fun meetings, or a "relaxed non-big phamra atmosphere". Those days are gone, and never to return. It's time to move on for a lot of us. It was fun while it lasted. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea it's time to move on for me too. I had really hoped it would be different. The people are great here but the management team let us down.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember our first Alpha meeting in San Antonio, Texas. It was awesome. We were small, everyone was excited, we had a fabulous event at a ranch and received Cowboy hats as a souvenir. Leadership was accessible and friendly, no RBDs, it went from ASM to JA to PA to JN. Q&A was truly open and they even promised us to be different and not become just another big Pharma type company.
    What happened?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

same here on the Beta side. Most of us were hired away from other positions at other big Pharma companies. It was great at the beginning. Truly open and honest discussions. The concept was truly do what's best for your territory, we hired you because we believe in you and your abilities, WE ARE NOT BIG PHARMA!!! What the hell happened??? They made a bad deal with Otsuka and they know there is a conflict in our selling messages and they don't know what to do about it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm on psychiatry side and if I was in the neurology side I would be pissed. They had the perfect gig- a small company, made big money in their car allowance, no one breathed down their necks and they got fun meetings, travel was accommodating and not a lot of stupid bullshit call averages etc. you could tell at the San Antonio meeting they were a tight group. Boy did we bring the roof down on those poor guys! Sorry! Lundbeck just got too big to be a place you could hide from the big Pharma creeps that come spoil every good small company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha Ha! They made a bad deal with otsuka - they know there is a conflict in our messages and they don't care! Make your eight calls/day and hope you have commercial coverage and don't even think about the patient!!!! The starfish died and we were sold a bill of goods

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto That!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What kind of bad deal with Otsuka? I was interested in a position but you got me 2nd guessing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck is gone. It is now a bit of Lily + a little J&J + a bunch of Abbott. Look at all the ASMs. How many are internal and moved up the ranks? Most of management came from "Big Pharma". It is inevitable with that type of growth model that the culture of an organization WILL change. Lundbeck had a chance a few years ago to consciously make efforts to retain its culture and identity by promoting worthy field reps to management positions. These folks would have fought hard to keep the culture they helped to build. Instead they went outside the company. They hired "outsiders" who knew nothing of the culture or the history. They never lived the "Starfish" story. So how could they keep the culture alive? How could they instill something that they never were part of? Shame on the senior management of the company to let the opportunity pass. If they had to hire 10 ASMs at least 6-7 should have been internal! Not the other way around. We can't blame the current ASM team for this bad culture because they never knew what it was in the first place. But senior leadership should have been smarter and never have given up the reins to people who never even knew what the culture of Lundbeck was. So sad because this was once a really cool, great company to work for even though the pay was lower, it was worth it for everything else. Now we are all interviewing and trying to find greener pastures. And I know from experience now that having Lundeck on my resume is not as good a thing as it used to be. I probably should have left 2-3 years ago before our reputation changed in the industry. I really hope that someone from Lundbeck leadership reads this and takes a good look at themselves in the mirror. You really ruined a once GREAT thing.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well put! Many of us took a lower base to get away from big Pharma, have a chance at a promotion, and finally have some job stability without constantly worrying about a layoff. Absolutely none of that happened except that we took less money and work for less base and IC dollars. We are Otsuka and Takeda's Bitch and they shout jump we say how high!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The People are good here and I believe the intentions were originally to have a different type company. However that said, when they hired RBDs and expanded the first time as recently mentioned almost all managers came from outside Lundbeck. That was when the RBDs brought over their buddies from m other Pharma companies and the rest is Typical big Pharma history- stupid field rides, coaching out the ass over stupid shit, horrible sales data collection, throwing the AMs under the bus for numbers that are admittedly wrong and a revolving door of good people leaving as the opportunities permit.
    Only solution is to fire the Regional Managers and their cronies and remove the big Pharma cancer from the body Lundbeck. Less managers means greater productivity less stress and happier AMs. Honestly why do tenured AMs need to be babysat to do their jobs. Many companies are getting away from the field ride, meetings 6 times a year sales model to one of empowerment and trust! Lundbeckeans philosophy is Control.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. Lundbeck has become obsessed with meetings. Also, there is not a single soul that has any faith in the BI Tool/sales data anymore. How many times have we received emails that it is screwed up once again? Man, things have really changed in such a short time…for the worse I'm afraid.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Link

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more! We are all experienced reps and have a manager in our car every 4-5 weeks! This place is going down hill fast. No more cell phones, Health insurance cost goes way up, not getting credit for our numbers and results in less bonus money. What's next?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Lundbeck wants to keep ASM's let them have a territory to work and be accountable for and give them an extra 5K to approve expense reports and fill vacant positions. After all it's only a title it's usually a position filled with an empty suit. How many of us can truly say a managers field ride visit has ever resulted in any real productive achievements. It's not their fault it's just an outdated concept and another layer of bureaucracy along with the Regionals. The company could save millions a year by doing away with those two levels- do the math.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have a feeling that's all that's going to be left is ASM's with the news that Brennan is leaving. He WAS the culture here, the reason many put up with shit salaries, and shit goals, and with him gone it's time to leave also.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

World class in all we do. ;)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Hanley's replacement world class? Does anyone know anything about him? Hanley was a great manager willing to make positive change-why did he leave? Was he running from something at Lundbeck or to a better opportunity?
    Do we have an Otsuka Bob's Big Boy Clone or a real field oriented knows the ropes psych leader that will have real world answers to real world problems.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Identity crisis what a joke! Lundbeck no longer has an identity other than that of big pharma. As the other posters have said they brought on managers that were either no longer wanted of needed at other companies and they destroyed the culture in a short time. Then we have a stupid exercise to reinforce "our unique culture" Eight calls a day is just quantity over quality and before long they will adopt more big pharma metrics - certainly they already have us falling all over each other. How did it go so bad so quick? Sad Sad Sad