I love you Donald Trump, I worship you Mr. Trump, I kiss the ground on which you walk Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Joe Jimenez and other pharma company people were in the White House today to educate Mr Trump about drug prices.

May be a bit embarrassing if all their campaign contributions were to Hillary?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's about time he put the nation's social interests at the top of his priorities.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is "he"? And what exactly are "the nation's social interests"?
    -This should be enlightening.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm more interested in how you would answer those questions.

This should be enlightening.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just threw up in my mouth!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did ketchup boy meet with trump?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't you get the memo?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people, he's IMPRESSIVE

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez in one of the photo's has an expression like he just dropped a load in his depends.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would he do that?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's because he did!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just watched the Youtube video of the meeting, President Trump gave an introduction & then went around the table getting CEO's to introduce themselves. Hi Joe Jimenez, Novartis, we spend about 3 billion $ annually.....(I thought he was going to say .....on fines for criminal misconduct and bribery)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just watched the Youtube video of the meeting, President Trump gave an introduction & then went around the table getting CEO's to introduce themselves. Hi Joe Jimenez, Novartis, we spend about 3 billion $ annually.....(I thought he was going to say .....on fines for criminal misconduct and bribery)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Full transcript here

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=128292658

TRUMP: OK. Thank you.

Johnson & Johnson -- good company.

JOE JIMENEZ, CEO, NOVARTIS: Joe Jimenez from Novartis, CEO. We have about -- we spend about $3 billion in research and development. Our global headquarters is up near Boston. We have about 13 manufacturing sites here in the U.S. and employ about 20,000 people.

TRUMP: (OFF-MIKE)

JIMENEZ: Yes, we're looking at ways to (inaudible).

TRUMP: Within the United States.

JIMENEZ: One of the things that...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: The rest I'm not (inaudible).

(LAUGHTER)

JIMENEZ: ... one of the things that can help us is a lower tax rate. If you think about the corporate tax rate (inaudible), when we look globally, that's a massive help.

TRUMP: Yes, we'll get it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cost of health care has about quintupled since 1970. It’s actually been rising since earlier than that...

This has had the expected effects. The average 1960 worker spent ten days’ worth of their yearly paycheck on health insurance; the average modern worker spends sixty days’ worth of it, a sixth of their entire earnings.

Life expectancy has gone way up since 1960.

But a lot of people think that life expectancy depends on other things a lot more than healthcare spending. Sanitation, nutrition, quitting smoking, plus advances in health technology that don’t involve spending more money. ACE inhibitors (invented in 1975) are great and probably increased lifespan a lot, but they cost $20 for a year’s supply and replaced older drugs that cost about the same amount.

In terms of calculating how much lifespan gain healthcare spending has produced, we have a couple of options.

Countries like South Korea and Israel have about the same life expectancy as the US but pay about 25% of what we do. Some people use this to prove the superiority of centralized government health systems, although Random Critical Analysis has an alternative perspective. In any case, it seems very possible to get the same improving life expectancies as the US without octupling health care spending.

Instead of slogging through the statistics, do you think the average poor or middle-class person would rather:

a) Get modern health care
    b) Get the same amount of health care as their parents’ generation, but with modern technology like ACE inhibitors, and also earn $8000 extra a year

http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/02/09/considerations-on-cost-disease/