I love open space!!!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Mydogvs.Witty, Jul 31, 2015 at 2:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Should Witty be fired?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2015.
  1. Yes. He should also have his face slapped publicly like the bitch he is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. I'm a jackass and I voted for Obama too.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, you must not have had very good rapport.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. I couldn't move within GSK after my manager did her damage. Forced out and looking to move on now. I knew and previously had some great managers here, but they couldn't help me.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The issue of open space is beyond an individual employee's manager. It is a cost issue that was decided at a high corporate level. If open space is not a good environment for an employee and that employee is highly skilled then the employee will be able to find an environment that is right for them most likely at higher pay.:)

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's all we needed to read from your post. The goal of open space ("smart working" ... HA) is to drive out long time (i.e. expensive) employees so they can be replaced with cheap offshore contract workers.

Don't let them win. Don't quit. Put up with the misery until they give you a package. Work from home if you can. That's what I'm doing. oh, and I am farting a lot when I get in the office. And I'm a lot bigger than the (ahem) offshore assets so I just look at them mean when they try consider sitting near me.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

open space works for Google or Apple where there is innovation. We do not have that, think Pink Floyd, another brick in the wall.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which PTS group?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Charming

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could not agree more...and sadly know why they do not. I counseled a colleague on how to approach his director on a sensitive topic. He did it in an extremely professional manner and I have used his approach as a role for many others over the years. Thing is - for him, it went completely bust. He ended up resigning in under a year because his director was wholly immature and slightly incompetent. Very sad. My friend/colleague laughs about it now but it's really unfortunate.

9. Exactly!

Exactly! Guest

I did move on and have much better compensation and a wonderful working environment. I oddly have to thank GSK for driving me out.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I've seen from most of you.....you don't need to be with us due to your profanity and immaturity. For the other few, we are sorry you are no longer employed with GSK:oops:.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually sat in a meeting with exec and five members of HR when they openly discussed the 'top heavy situation' and how to address it. We spent twenty minutes considering ways to 'encourage' retirement. I resigned three months later.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I WAS THERE, TOO! So, I know who this is! How have you been, buddy? It's been a while. Please call me, I'm back from Michigan. I'll send you an email outside of here.

That meeting was hysterical, the guy from HR had those Baby Hughie glasses on. It was really embarrassing. Anyway, funny thing was, the new VP a year later had 30 years with the company. In a similar situ, he told them stop speaking before he started firing them. Love that guy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

COMPLETELY AGREE

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to our world.
    Sincerely,
    R&D

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to be a compulsive chair sniffer when everybody had assigned cubicles in Sanders. There were certain scents that were quite attractive. Then they moved us over to open space. I scoped out the landscape and tracked down the desired scents again and one day I walked in to find a big fat-ass woman tainting the very chair I liked to sniff the most. It was like finding mold on your cheese.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The internet attracts bottom of the barrel types.....uneducated, and perhaps mentally handicapped. I apologize for his post. Very sad.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I recall the smell of your chair and it matches your tainted, sour personality. And you need a new hairdresser too

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be so stuffy. I think the original post is very funny and clearly the lady is venting frustration. Change is difficult. Change in a company that is literally failing and heading towards take over is extremely stressful. If anyone benefits from venting here, please, continue to do so with bravura.

HR at GSK

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What, you think making fun of the mentally handicapped isn't bottom of the barrel? Scumbag.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hold on. In addition to ridiculing the mentally handicapped, you think you can apologize for someone's posting? Lord of Cafe Pharma, are you? You are a complete jackass. I'd bet money you are in HR at GSK.