Hundreds of Voyant failures in less than one year

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Thank me later, May 6, 2016 at 3:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy big boy. You're getting all worked up about us little guys. You want to meet us out back and fight? Because that's what it sounds like.
    Let's be honest here, if the products were so bad, surgeons and hospitals wouldn't be using us or trying to get you and your overpriced products out. Sounds like you're feeling pressure from your management or something.
    And damn, your rant sounds so familiar. Hospitals and surgeons not taking us seriously? Ok, keep believing that. But didn't you guys say the same thing when Applied launched trocars? How'd that go for you?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No doubt, higher market share would definitely account for the high number ob Maude reports, at least to some extent, right?

But it shouldn't effect the relative severity of incidents.

And I would be more than a little concerned to see the number of reports that list SHANGHAI CHINA as the origin of manufacture. Again just a random sample on my part but it still appears to me to be a Chinese QC problem. I am curious, your customers must be noticing that, how are you told to spin that in the field?

BTW - I don't want to be insensitive. I know it is a tough time in the company and a lot of your Medtronic/Covidien co-workers, especially in other divisions have been laid off recently and its no secret that others are likely to be soon. I have a friend in Hernia and you just hate to see that happen. I sure that has something to do with your obvious level of fear in these posts.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it's better for a company to layoff some people due to restructuring and keep the company afloat then to have the worst attrition in the industry. I've been w/ Covidien almost 12 years and must have seen at least 3 dozen different reps from Applied in that time. I'm not exaggerating as I have had my territory change periodically in that time as well, but holy shit batman, you guys couldn't hold on to a life preserver if your life depended on it! No one wants to work for Applied!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep I left applied for MDT and now I truly realize how insignificant you all are in the medical device industry. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU. The big boys treat their reps, physicians, and company culture with respect and news flash- we manage million dollar territories here, son! GTFO with your 100,00k in sales, if that. You cant fux with us, you're not even on the same level so please get over yourselves. Seriously.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don't take you or the products seriously. They just want the price you offer on those commodity trinkets you sell. You're a tool. The day your doctor comes to your hospital room with a gift for your new baby that was just born- because you leveraged that relationship by bringing actual value- like consulting on a case for him with real clinical knowledge- and he now looks to you to help solve problems in challenging cases- is the day you actually bring true value to your accounts and they may take you seriously then. No physician is inviting applied medical to tee off or smoke a cigar on the weekends, they're embarrassed to even be seen socializing with you during leisure time. One because applied reps can't even build a relationship that strong off trinkets that take no clinical knowledge to sell (all price), and two since you're the kooks of the industry no one wants to be seen sitting with you. And I ain't even talking stupid laparoscopic division in the big boys club. Cov/mdt doesn't even care about that division. They focus on the REAL shit- spine, diabetes, neuro, dbs, cardiac, etc. billion dollar markets. Anyway I think my point is being made redundant. Applied management wake up- you ain't all that. You're the idiots because you are the delusional ones. The reps don't know better (bc you stated yourself you hire young and dumb) and when they do they will leave as we always do. Keep sitting at the loser table while all the cool kids keep eating your lunch. You can't sit with us.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny you go on a rant about how MDT doesn't care or worry or focus on Applied, yet here you are, monitoring the Applied message board, posting on a thread here. What are you so worried about if Applied is as insignificant as you say we are?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're own self worth is validation alone that you bring value! Because a physician shows you a little love, that's value? You are a fucking narcissist. God, you are a dick!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever "value", if any, that a rep brings to the OR is up for debate. What is not up for debate is that Applied reps bring none.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MDT doesn't care, that's for damn sure. But I care. I care about solid reps who consider working here, and who currently work here. I want to warn them not to work here and reassure those that do..that you aren't losing your mind- applied really truly is a hot mess, and there are much better opportunities out there. If you have talent please don't stifle it here, because that's exactly what this company will do to you. Also the fact that you won't get paid shit no matter how smart or hard you work... But overall this culture is not positive, and does not seek to develop and hone your skills. This company is not good or great- it is a D company. So if you are great... Align yourselves with an industry leader.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah it's because our company and products revolutionized their practice and changed the way they treat... Who else brings things like dbs, robots, and gamma knives to the market and advances healthcare? Not applied. That's how we bring value. Are your physicians grateful that you stand there in a corner during a trocar trial?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

aint that the truth! The only "revolutionary" product Applied ever came to market with was the Gelport. And to be honest, it wasn't really even that much of a game changer, just a knock-off of Covidien's SILS that Applied sold the hell out of. Covidien's reps didnt really care because they had so many other products in their bags and much larger fish to fry. So in case you bozos at Applied haven't figured it out, you don't bring any value to anyone in healthcare except providing cheap and barely clinically acceptable devices at the lowest price possible. Congratulations! Even a drunk monkey high on meth could sell a product to a purchasing manager......

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a drunk monkey, high on meth, I object to being compared to an Applied Medical rep.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys keep throwing this "WE" shit around like you personally invented the products or had some say in making it. Remind yourself that they use the product because it works, not just because you sell it to them. You aren't making the difference, your product is.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well that explains why no one uses Applied's crappy products! They suck and fail 60% of the time!!!! Oh, wait, let me rephrase that: no one CONSCIOUSLY chooses to use your products! More and more, the surgeons have less say in trocars and are told what to use.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No dude we don't just sell it to them. That's the thing. They consult us on cases. They show me the imaging and ask me to measure the vessel... And based on the size and location of the injury, that will determine how the case is approached, which devices are most appropriate for the patients anatomy, and which size devices will fit best to embolize or recanalize the vessel. So yah, we aren't just merely selling products to them, and the products aren't just selling themselves. And it's not just because it "works" either- the device provides a good outcome for the patients. That's what you have to understand. We don't just consult on bags and trocars and petty things that just "work". These devices are clinical and when used correctly will result in a good outcome for the patient. an outcome which is measured and followed. Real impact, real value.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get over yourself with the "they consult me" bullshit. They only ask you because you're standing in their room all day acting important because you think you're one of them, which you're not. Just like me, you don't have medical degree. Hate to break it to you but you're in sales! Yes, you sell a good product and yes, it does provide good outcomes. But don't stand on high and tell me our products don't work because they do. But if you have to asked "can I use your device on this vessel" and tell them it's 7mm or less, good for you. I'm glad they "consult" with you about on simple math.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Believe it or not, there are specialties that rely pretty heavily on sales reps for clinical support. Definitely not in the areas where Applied "competes", but they do exist.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would be personally embarrassed to sell the Applied product. Embarrassed totally embarrassed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if I understand you correctly, you'd be embarrassed, right?