HR / 401k Help!

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by anonymous, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate to even start a threat on Cafepharma, but am hoping for a real response here. I was with Forest many years ago, and am now looking to roll all 401k and other investments together, including the $ from Forest 401k. I literally have no idea where to even start with mergers, etc and don't even remember which company Forest used since it's been so long. Any advice? I can call HR, but that gets confusing with all the mergers so I'm hoping someone can tell me the financial firm or give me a direct contact? Any ideas? Just need to roll old Forest 401k dollars into another 401k so it's all together, but don't have the contact info and it's been many years since I knew anyone at Forest to ask... Please help? Anyone have a company or person or number I could call?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just call the name of the company that has your money.

by the way, if you are no longer with the company, you best option is to roll it all over into a personal IRA, because you will have more investment options. the only exception would be if you need to take a loan on the 401k with your best company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, that's good advice. I'm not with the company anymore, but don't know the name of the company managing the old 401k. Assume it's a big one like Fidelity, Merril Lynch etc but don't know which one

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest