How to Stay Positive Working for Publicis

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Jan 30, 2016 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me see if I can try and scan it and post it. I may only be able to get the first few pages because it's pretty long.
    You realize that they'll delete it as soon as it goes up. That's what happens every time.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ya right. We won't be holding our breath.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very very unprofessional!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know there was a federal class action lawsuit for age discrimination by Publicis filed in LA about a year and a half ago. Many reps came forward with information. I believe the do not hire list was put into evidence at that time. It has been and is widely circulated outside of the company and it has ruined peoples' careers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still waiting for the guy to copy the list....tick, tock.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These people need a taste of their own medicine.
    They need to be taken down.
    Anyone who has access needs to have the balls to post the do not hire list.
    I'm sure whom ever does is afraid to do so!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do your best to get hired by a manufacturer. I have worked in this industry for 14 years and started out with a CSO and worked for both CSO's and manufacturers over the years. My jobs with manufacturers were always superior to my contract gigs. At this point in my career I'm an experienced specialty rep who can command a six-figure base, but I doubt if I would be making as much, or enjoying other perks of my position, had I remained in contract sales. Contract jobs are really best for the inexperienced or desperate (and at different points in my career I was in both positions!). They serve a purpose, but they should always be viewed as a Temp job because that's what they are. This whole industry is unstable, so no guarantee of job security with a manufacturer (reorgs and layoffs happen all the time), however generally you will enjoy better compensation, status, and stability with a manufacturer vs a CSO. You will also have more opportunities to advance with a manufacturer vs a CSO. And experience with a manufacturer looks better on your resume - sorry, but that's reality. And what will help advance your career, besides the obvious networking and who you know, is depth of experience, not breadth of experience. Get yourself into a specialty area and develop that experience. This is more valuable than promoting a me-too drug year after year to PCP's. That's just my advice after starting my Pharma sales career 14 years ago working for a CSO with a base of $42K to today where I am employed by a small Biotech with a base salary of well over $100K.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

contract reps are not desperate, bra.

most have made their money, and are middle aged, and are doing this to keep busy.

Also, the pay is over 80k for contract reps, base, in many cases. and its a 6 figure job top contract companies, so you are really lacking in knowledge with your post.

you and your "biotech specialty" is quite funny. Sales is sales. whether you are PC rep or "senior, oncology, specialty rep". A rep is a rep is a rep is a rep, etc. Some are better at it than others. Most of the chicks in the industry are clueless. You must be a chick.

good luck with your life, and grow up, and stop making stupid posts.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So where is the gutless wonder who was going to post the list?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS If you're a regional...maybe then you make six. The fact that you lie doesn't make u a chick, but more like a stupid bitch whether you're male or female. Thats what u don't get. DUMB ASS!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sniff glue in car and eat ring dings pure happy doll

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What advise do you have for breaking into the biotech field? I would just worry about the stability of a small company that could be bought or go under at any moment.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all need a copy of that "list"! Surely, someone has a recruiter friend. ***Lawsuit time***

If a contract rep has to do the same as the manufacture reps (i.e. Dinner programs etc.), that is against labor laws. Inventive/Novartis was sued several years ago for that very thing. The contract reps won the case and were compensated for the wage discrimination for the same jobs.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't hold your breath Skippy. Ain't no list.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a "last resort". It is a minimal paycheck with no rewards, no recognition, and no upward mobility. If you have to work with the client directly, the direct reps treat you like garbage.

Keep your resume updated at all times, utilize the usual job sites, and interview for EVERY direct position that is available. Know that this place is just temporary so don't beat yourself up, and give the job and company the same level of respect that you are given! You'll be out of here within 6 months. Best of luck, and stay below the radar.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Last resort. Don't expect anything from Publicis. Best of luck looking for another job.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a list. I was told by Publicis HR.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon Mr. Liar. Publish the list.