How to Stay Positive Working for Publicis

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Jan 30, 2016 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone offer any advice on how to stay positive working this dead end job? Of course I am glad to have a paycheck and insurance. There is certainly no security or prestige with this job. The pay is horrible compared to what I used to make. I don't even know if I will be working here 12 month from now, 6 months from now or a month from now. It can end at any time. Contracts mean nothing. I get it is a job and not a career here. I guess I am just looking for someone with some good advice on how not to get "down" about this contract job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry to hear about your situation.
    here is what I would do:

1. look for another job.

2. max out the 401k. this is a good play because you will be happy to see the money you are accumulating and know that you are at least getting closer to your retirement.

3. be thankful that you don't have to run through the hoops that the manufacturer reps have to go through. things like mindless POA meetings, dinner programs, and just general BS that contract reps don't have to deal with.

Good luck!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess it just depends on the contract, but I had to attend every POA meeting in addition to conference calls and seperate meetings for just the contract team.

I was pressured to do as many dinner programs and in some cases more than the average average direct rep. It was strongly hinted that Id be fired if I didn't. We're talking like about 15 dinner programs in a year.
    NO JOKE!!

We even had a conference call telling us that we were not to fraternize with direct reps an to turn down invitations to events or get together a that we may be invited to.

Oh and by the way... I had to work three big conventions that several direct reps were not required to attend.

Very interesting isn't it?

The contract side had just as much if not more stress than the direct team.

I was younger than every manager I had and this includes the direct side and I was told flat out that I was "too old" to expect to be rolled over... And I was under 40. This coming from managers that were expecting to be rolled over themselves.

I hope this helps and gives u an idea of how u should really focus on getting out.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't look for ANY support from Publicis for staying positive. Look outside, walk your dog, spend time with your family. Having worked there this is the most downer, deceptive, shit company I have ever worked for. Spend time looking for another job, quickly!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's ridiculous and just not worth all of the drama.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just learned I am on a do not hire list.
    What bullshit.
    Never did anything wrong never actually worked for this company.
    Anyone else with this scenario.
    Thinking about contacting a lawyer.
    I'm sure this is not legal!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your not alone.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. This is not uncommon. The Do Not Hire list from Publicis is sent to all managers and recruiters in the nation. They often send it to everyone in their address books. That's how it can hurt you. It could end your career for years to come...you are wise to seek legal advice.
    Are you an older worker?
    Older worker are often targeted at Publicis.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A do not hire list at Publicis? LOL. LOL. LOL. HA. HA. HA. HA.

Who cares?

the company is a flipping joke. the industry is a flipping joke. Publicis is EASILY the worst contract company out there.

F them and their list.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this really something they do? I have never heard of this. How did you find this out? I will lawyer up but need to know if this is truly something they do and how to find out if I'm on that list.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is truly the case we need to fight back.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I found out because a recruiter from another company told me that I was on the list.
    It was forwarded to the person by a Publicis recruiter. My interview with the other company was withdrawn.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liar. If a "do not hire" list exists it is not sent to all managers.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just because you haven't received it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. It was originally intended that only HR and recruiting use it for prescreening even before interviews happen in front of district managers. However, I will say that input is taken from the district magagers in order to maintain the list and keep it updated. It's been a while, but a while back there were posts defending the list by stating that every company has the right to keep such a list and there was absolutely no denying of its existence. The real issue is that it becomes blacklisting if the list leaves the company and starts circulating outside where it's no longer company property and confidential. That is illegal as hell and anyone who states otherwise is ill informed.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like defamation of character to me!
    Anybody ever try and sue ?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you ask why? Someone who is a good worker, honest and upright should never appear on this type of list. Seems to me this is a very bad thing for any company to ever permit. Anyone can say anything and if it's believed it could be harmful to a very good person. This is terrible. Unfortunately the world has many people who are jealous, competitive and bottom line, not very nice.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Its very cut throat, immature, and supports the huge sociopathic egos who have contributed to it leading to the demise of others. The irony is that many of the managers who pride themselves on placing names on this list, they themselves are on the same type of list at anther company.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shame is the word to describe anyone who would stoop to such lows. One must wonder about any person or employer who engages in such despicable actions against another human being.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the person who has the copy? If any attorney threatens u again...that's bullshit. The company is the one that's busted not the one who possesse it. The cats already out of the bag, so whoever tries and states that "It was a long time ago, so it doesn't matter anymore." Is really full of it. Once it's out there all of the individuals involved with it along with the company will be in serious trouble. What's happened is illegal.
    As far as the last comment about not getting an interview because of it. I don't know, but it's possible. Most companies would just have the interview and blow you off afterward.