How to generate new referrals?

Discussion in 'How do I...' started by Rob P., Mar 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

1. Rob P.

Rob P. new user

I have been working in San Diego area as a rep for a Physical Therapy firm and been making a killing. The net profitability of our company has jumped considerably since I started, but I am running into a wall trying to generate new referrals from physicians we have had limited and/or no interaction with. The company is asking me to create an opportunity to start discussions with the physicians/stakeholders of those who we don't service. My problem is getting in with the font office. I have a pharma background and tried building relationships with the people, but I have not made much progress.

I have brought candy, small trinkets, lunch, provided supporting clinical evidence and all my efforts have been marginally effective. I would appreciate some tips and pointers on how to over come this challenge. The large majority of our company referrals are physician generated. The company I am working for doesn't have a higher level individual to help secure larger contracts. I would like to be that individual in the future, and I am enrolled in a Masters level Healthcare Admin/Management course. Your input would be most welcome.

2. Santiago Godoy

Santiago Godoy new user

Hi Rob, I know this is an older post but thought I would share some potentially helpful insight. In my experience, leveraging email campaigns works well for connecting and having meetings with physicians. If your messaging, targeting, customization, and automation is right you can create many meaningful connections and start landing many meeting with little resources. The first step would be pulling together a good list of emails from your target audience and then having a good system of contacting them that is effective. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.