How often are contracts cut short?

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How often do they cancel a contract? I'm in a 2 yr one right now and wondered.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

happens all the time; expect the unexpected; no guarantees with csos; it's also common for specific territories on a contract to be closed with no warning - one 2-yr contract I was hired for closed my territory after 6 mos, with no warning!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they just cut you lose or give you any kind of severance? Kinda scary. Would you qualify for unemployment? This industry is so crazy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many hours would you say you work overtime? This includes your stayovers in large territory and time during training to complete assignments?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole "Overtime" argument really is pretty silly when referring to pharma sales, isn't it? I've never heard of any other type of SALARIED position where people are trying to get overtime pay. Throw in bonuses/commissions, company car, great benefits, setting your own schedule and the argument gets even more silly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OT SIlly? no company car. no commission or bonus. temporary positions. You must be a manager for the company - without the reps you have no job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hell i was on a contract that ended right after training, came home on a friday--had a a national conference call the following tuesday and was unemployed, of course novaquest said we would be placed in another contract, but it never happened

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, what contract was that? What company?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to respond to your cryptic post; but I'm not sure what you are trying to say with your two word sentences. I guess I'll break it down. Overtime Silly?--Yes it is for any salaried position. OT only applies to hourly workers, period. No company car? Every pharma company, contract or not, gives you either: a company car and gas card; a car allowance and gas card; a car allowance and/or expensing of miles driven. No commissions or bonuses? Again: direct or contract positions have monthly or quarterly bonuses/commissions. I'm not a manager, only someone who knows what they are talking about: unlike yourself. I've worked numerous contract ("temporary", as you like to call them) positions in pharma, as well as direct pharma jobs. Most contract positions I had offered company cars and gas cards. ALL of them had quarterly (one was monthly) bonuses/commissions. I think your tiny brain associates "temporary" jobs with an hourly temp position like you'd do as a secretary or related office position. No job in pharma sales is or has ever been "permanent". You could be let go tomorrow in a Direct pharma or Contract Pharma sales position.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hired on for a 1-year contract, and it ended in 3 months.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How often are you picked up by the company during/after the contract?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

umm, never

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true, I was picked up on one. Just depends on the company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is rare in the cso world and normally the exception, not the rule. Sure, in a very low percentage of contracts this happens, but they will all dangle this possibility in front of potential hires as the rule; don't believe it, take it with a grain of salt and have zero expectations.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must be the exception too. I was picked up with Abbott after my contract was up. It depends on the company and your relationship with the manager. Good luck

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 yr ended after 7 months; just used for whatever reason. The companies can hire directly but Q benefits. They can have better target lists and know it but there are reasons why the do things. Always be looking for a better opportunity no matter how good you like being employed here

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many times...my husband was on 2 contracts that got cut short with out any warning...this last one went the entire time (1 year), but was not continued...Great company while you work for them, but now unemployment sucks!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 50 or maybe 70% of them are cut short. Even if they do last as long as they state, you are not guaranteed another one