How many people are looking for another job?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Feb 26, 2016 at 8:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious - just got my W2 and typical CAH, I'm making even less money this year than I did last year. Just wondering how much I am going to end up paying back. So disappointed that I am working harder than ever for even less pay. I didn't think it was possible but I stand corrected.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where did you end up with your quota/increase? I bet the answer is right there. I made $20k more last year than I did the previous year, because I had a better year. It's called being in "sales".

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. You probably inherited a national account/GPO win
    2. Your territory is likely much smaller than the average territory, so any GP increase would vault your numbers up.

At Cardinal, you are not rewarded for managing a large territory, and there have been plenty of times that someone had a stellar year because they barely moved the needle in a small territory.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have too large of a territory and can't make money or plan, then leave!! I'm so tired of hearing reps complain, but yet they have been here for 10, 20, 30 years. Something must be keeping you here, so stop crying! Reality is, if you quit, Cardinal will get hundreds of applications for your job, most of whom would take your job for less money and would work harder than you. If you're not happy here, do everyone a favor, and leave! Although, you've probably been interviewing for years and can't get an offer if your life depended on it. Just like how you can't "move the needle on your huge territory".

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

salty much? I left this company 5 years ago and am making much more money. Cardinal was just a springboard for better opportunities. it is not a place to stay and build a long term sales career. sales... haha... you dont "sell" commodities. you people crack me up!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey champ-
    I left some time ago, I come back to the CAH cafepharma boards for pure entertainment. I did leave, got into devices, and I'm making 70% more than I was at CAH. Much better company culture and much better pay.
    Cardinal will get hundred of applications, and they will be shit. Keep hiring these winners, and you will continue to hemorrhage business to Medline, McKesson, etc.
    Best of luck.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal is a shitty place to work. However, I'm making a lot of money in FY16 which is keeping me here for now. Will be gone after the Las Vegas meeting. Just too many bosses here with too few brain cells. Plus, my RD is a sneaky, deceptive shit bag who I detest. Will be moving back to Europe late summer. Ciao

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Considering we had a huge 3rd quarter, I am more than a little pissed to be working harder and making way less. $34 or $35 BILLION in sales for the 3rd quarter - pay the reps! It is a joke to think we can move the needle with the GPO's but we are the reason we don't lose all the business outright.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! Sales with Cardinal is a stepping stone to something more lucrative. I don't plan to stay here forever as I want to expand my career as well as my compensation as you have.....but my point is there are so many people who don't leave and just stay and whine for decades! That's why I'm saying if they don't like it then leave. It's so horrible to sit in the meetings and listen to these 50-60 year old reps cry over and over again. Sorry for the rant!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did management provide only a 2% match to our 401k plans for FY16 company performance? I'm sure useless eaters like DC and MD received much larger rewards. typical Cardinal and the reason so many of us keep leaving for better gigs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a great jumping off point into another job. It's completely soul crushing when other distribution and manufacturers reps make almost double what I do

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Curious that DC and others cashed in a load of CAH just before it took a major dump a few days ago

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck You, Asshole. Whether a rep is 50-60 or a lot younger, most whine and gripe. Not a whole lot of reps stay for decades as turnover at Cardinal is rampant. By the way, I bet you think a decade is 2 years. You are such a schmuck, and dumb.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They push out VPs and above over 55 in droves with reorgs upon reorgs upon reorgs.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Working harder than ever for shit compensation. You better believe I'm on the first train out of here.