HOW IS OLEPTRO DOING??

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normally these kind of things you see in a marketing study....relating prices, presentation,name of product,...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I seem to remember one of the Italian execs said when Oleptro sales reach 300 million we all get to come to Italy (stated during launch meeting in FL)...If sales growth continues at current rates, what year would that be? I want to make sure I save up some vacation time for that one!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The year 2032

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It most certainly is an issue with price. I'm not a sales rep, but a customer that has stumbled onto this page researching Oleptro.

Listen, trazodone is a wonderful drug that helps me with anxiety and insomnia. I'd love to get Oleptro so that I could reach antidepressant levels without falling asleep during the day. BUT, the price for Oleptro is unrealistic. The "savings" card on the website is a joke, and by far the least attractive savings card I've ever seen.

I'll gladly inconvenience myself and just choose to take immediate release trazodone 3 times a day over paying for Oleptro's current (ridiculously) hiked price.

Trazodone is around 40 years old -- come on, stop pretending its not. Oleptro has a market; I'll be the first in line to get it once the price goes down, or a generic is available.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hoping that the contract stays around. I have a few friends on it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's official now, this thing is done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone shocked?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure no one is shocked. When is the last day in the field?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For me? Yesterday.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't think it would be so soon after the first round, but yes, doomed from the beginning.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey folks,

hate to say ... i told u so.. but posted my comments 18 months ago on this link:
    http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=410243

Good luck to everyone who was displaced...

Arrivederci

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll give you your due, you called it pretty well except the "no samples will be given" part.

As a rep who had experience in psych coming into this project I have to say I was EXTREMELY happy to be employed again after 6 months off (post 6122 layoffs). I had a feeling from the get-go that this was going to be a very uphill sell and the client had grossly overestimated the potential for sales.

I kept my eyes open for another job the entire time I was on this project but even in a major metro area there just aren't that many jobs out there.

Good luck to everyone who was displaced, I know it can be rough looking for a new job right now. Stay in touch with your current or past managers, they are your best chance to get rehired (at least with Q).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get picked up on other Quintiles contracts??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still waiting to hear on 6517.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FOR A WHILE NOW. I HAD DEPRESSION PTS. I COULDNT SLEEP i WAS SLEEPING HALF OR MY SLEEP CYCLE AT NIGHT AND THEN AFTER MY CHILDREN WENT TO SCHOOL I WOULD SLEEP A FEW MORE HOURS. i JUST FELT LIKE i COULDNT GET MY SLEEP CYCLE FIXED I TRIED AMBEIN AND LUNESTA. NOTHING WAS WORKING STAYED UPI A FEW NIGHTS. I TRIED MELETONIN THAT STUFF IN NOT FOR ME WOULD FEEL WEIGHTED DOWN AND EXHALSTED FOR DAYS AFTER ONE PILL. OLEPTRO SAVED ME I FEEL FINE i HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS i HAVE BETTER SEX THAN WHEN I WAS SLEEPY ALL THE TIME. i AM ALLERGIC TO MANY DRUGS MOST OF THE PILLS I TRIED IN THE PAST HAVE HAD ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS. i CANT TAKE SULFA DRUGS I CANT TAKE PENICILLIAN OR AMNITRIPTOLIN IS THE WORST IMITREX AND ABOUT 12 OTHERS. THIS IS A GREAT DRUG FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO MOST DRUGS AND I SWEAR BY THIS DRUG. THE ONLY BAD THING IS THE PRICE. HOWEVER THERE ARE COUPONS AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DOCTOR WHEN YOU START OLEPTRO. THERE ARE MORE ONLINE AS WELL.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I figured it would work because its an oldie but a goodie. its great i love this pill. i am allergic to so many drugs and i love this medication. now that i have read your post I may have to talk to my doctor. i am looking at canceling my home phone and my cable so i can afford the 90 bucks a month it cost me to stay on OLEPTRO. I didnt know if it had something in it that made it different than trazadone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is Oleptro Doing??

Well, let me tell you. It was a hunk of shit from day one. Then Quintiles, in their infinite wisdom, decided to market another hunk of shit called Oleptro 2.0 (otherwise known as intermezzo). History is bound to repeat itself.