HOW DOES GAMMA COMPARE TO TFN???

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2006 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

GAMMA OR SYNTHES TFN BETTER

Poll closed Sep 2, 2006.
  1. GAMMA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. TFN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SAME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, are you serious? Intertan? What papers are you talking about? There is a JOT article on intertan that basically reads like an advertisement/surgical guide. Rotational stability? at the cost of greater bone removal in the femoral head?

Yes, you are correct: TFN is a nail. If Synthes only makes good plates & screws you have nothing to worry about from a nail that sells very well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

read #60 then you know why they are selling such a stupid device.

What about Z-effect tard ???

I'll have a dream that one day (yes it's MLK) the government wake up and look at the business relation between AO and Synthes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number one nobody ever pressfits the nail. They come in two diameters the proximal section remains constant so its really impossible to pressfit each individual patient. Plus most old people are pretty wide open in the proximal femur. If the rep sets up the tech before the case then the steps and instruments come pretty easy for the surgeon. I have sold a ton of intertans and have had no issues with breakage and nor has there ever been a voluntary or involuntary recall of intertan. Intertan is a very nice nail and a very easy sell or thats been my experience

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both the Gamma 1 & 2 have a high cut-out rate (40% - easy to verify - do a internet search). There isn't enought data on the 3 yet. All the papers are still saying the gold standard is a 3 or 4 hole side plate. Not a rep, but a PA that has been doing this for 27 years. Trying to do research now to get the doctors in the Richmond area to stop using the Gamma. Seems even the sales rep cant support the use of the Gamma. Have been through 3 reps in 6 months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

alright all you feuding assholes out there, I need advise. I am 9 months post op ,got in a wreck broke my femur dead center, still cant work or walk very far without bad pain,six percocet a day dont help,screw broke at 8 months(sorry I dont know all the technical words all you fuckers us) screw right above knee, just had surgery to remove it,he said he would leave it out because it would help my bone come together since it wasnt healing, for the first 6 months i would tell him every month when I would go to him for x-ray that the pain in my knee was un bearable he would say oh its just sore ,well when my work benefits where about to run out He says OH we need an MRI, well MRI showed torn meniscus , so I go home look on internet site and it says any time you break a femur knee will probably sustain injury,I guess they did not teach him that in med school,oh well I just went got my records to go get a second opinion, and as I was reading It I noticed he used a gamma 3 nail ,I am going to houston monday to fondron group to get a second opinion.any of you ortho gurus have any feedback on my situation,I need to get back to my 120,000 dollar a year job!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear about your situation, I hope you get better soon. This doesn't answer your question, but be thankful you have the Gamma. The Synthes TFN uses an archaic helical blade that they hammer in to your femoral head. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

P.S. I would trust your surgeon over anyone on here, especially without seeing any x-rays.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GAMMA3 is the gold standard of cephalomedullary nails. TFN is a gimmick.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Stryker pays Smith and Nephew royalties in order to use the "lag screw" technology!

Was Gamma 2 also the gold standard before Gamma 3? Gamma and Gamma 2 were like reinventing the Titanic! Now Gamma 3 is the gold standard? Please....

TFN is one hell of a gimmick! Oh and by the way there's also a screw option available. Know your competition meatheads! Hoo-rah!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

honest question, not joking around. S&N has a trauma line. dead serious. Im in major metro city with many level 1 trauma centers and never once have seen or heard of a trauma product from S&N. im not bs'ing. honest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are a scrub tech........ you are not a surgeon, or a pa or a nurse. you are a scrub tech. don't act like you know sh*t. who cares what you think. you are or was a scrub tech

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

okay went to houston ,doctor said he would have to put in a new rod,he said it would have never healed with the way first surgeon did it.so thats nine months of no work for nothing.he said it was not lined up correctly, the first surgeon let me go back to work at 6 months; and after a month of work I could not take pain no more.the doctor from houston could not belive it. oh well

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are either a complete industry idiot or someone with some sort of ax to grind. Either way, you and your ignorance toward the competitive market players is of no significance, a lot like your overall existence.

You may now return you head back into your rectum.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how most of you monkeys know nothing about the history of your chosen vocation. Stryker DOES pay S&N royalties with every Gamma used. However, it is not because of the use of the lag screw.
    But, that is not my point to this response. For those of you (Usually Synthes idiots) who do not pay attention. What was the litigation that Synthes settled with S&N just a few years ago??
    I will leave it up to you fools to look up. I will give you a hint though, yeah, it has something to do with NOT paying the due royalties for their TFN "technique"....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great job hijacking the topic. Reading and comprehension skills aren't exactly key measurables on the Gallup are they? I'm going to explain this so even a Stryker employee can understand. The litigation is not the point. The point is a previous poster commented about the Gamma being the industry "gold standard", and the TFN being merely a gimmick. The Gamma nail is a compiled patent infringement of other ideas which were already introduced to the market. I wouldnt expect you to understand that concept seeing is how your "seasoned" trauma reps have been around for how long? 3 long years? Anyway, while the Gamma nail has improved over time, it can hardly be considered the "gold standard." Most suregeons wouldn't sniff the Gamma or Gamma 2, therefore, the Gamma lineage has not been setting the precedent for the treatment of hip fractures. Secondly, the TFN a gimmick? Define gimmick... I'll give you a clue start with the Arthrex Tight Rope Plate and get back to me. I knew you guerillas were stupid, but any need to be celebrate it? Now, go put on your thinking cap, hit the gym,and figure out how you're going to grow your 20% this year before you're fired and working the protein bar at Bally's trying to up sell all of your buddies. Hoo-rah bitches!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut-it Synthes bot. Gamma owns you, and you know it!... It's Mother's Day morning. I guarantee you posted this from one of your outpost community hospitals, where you begged and begged a slap-dick DHS user to try TFN just this one time. Hopefully your Helical Blade insertion handle doesn't fall apart in the middle of the case from getting hammered on, over and over and over again.

Now get back to your case that has already been delayed twice, and the user has no business putting down a nail in the first place. I'm sure your family understands that you missed out on brunch for this major nail 'conversion'. I'll be golfing homie!

Stryker > Synthes. End of story.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup. i am a slap dick, but still havent seen s&n trauma anywhere just stryker synthes and some aos. honest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like large women

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You used "guerilla" instead of gorilla. I knew the simple difference between the two by first grade at the latest. Ooooorahhh!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest. Move into this century. Tell us, did you know that there are mechanized, passenger carrying vehicles that can travel through the air?

Now, go back and follow the Reps laser pointer on your back table. And make sure you wash out the instruments when the case is over.

Self proclaimed slap dick.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TFN = Lateral thigh pain over time
    TFN = Highest cut out rate among cephalomedullary IM nails
    This Synthes Consultant = Douchebag