How "big pharma" is Shire?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any insight?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So much so it's not funny. All about call averages, reach and frequency, color coded docs, lame meetings IN THE SAME TIRED PLACES!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire is very entrepeneurial. Highly recommend culture of do what is needed to help patients. Respectfully, Shire OBU

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

extreme micro manage

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've got to be kidding me, we have no product to help patients. BUT we should go slow on calls only to constantly get updates on call averages and who is leading with the most calls. BUT GO SLOW.... One the product is approved is going to be a check the box nightmare.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kind words don't cost anything! Practice kindness and good deeds.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was stupid. Unkind words don't cost anything either... dummy. See-FREE

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought your product would be approved by now. Are you nervous now that it might not be approved.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's hard to get a sincere answer on here so I'm going to help you out. I'm in neuro here & I hate it. They are obsessed with call average- hit 7.5 /daily or be put on a list! No clinical reprints or anything scientific to sell with, just lame marketing pieces on the iPad. Great benefits & decent pay so if you are unemployed it might be a good choice - but if you are, I'd keep looking. This is old school, dated, classic big pharma 1000%.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm one of the current Shire people who was "integrated" into this hot mess when my small, nimble, entrepreneurial company was purchased by Shire. The geniuses over paid for the company and are now trying to wring every last dime out of the products. They claim to be a "rare disease" company but have NO ONE in a senior leadership who know anything about rare disease. At one time Shire was a rare disease pioneer. Now they are a big Pharma company playing make believe that they are a "rare disease" company. I pity the Baxalts folks as they are about to become shellshocked with what they will no longer be permitted to do. One Shire? Yep, one big mistake

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hit the nail on the head with both of the last posts. The focusing on call averages is maddening and sad. The benefits are ok but there is definitely better out there. It's so big pharma check the box mentality it's sickening. I came over with OBU but I'm listening to outside openings.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all depends on your manager. My manager, Jim mclunch gives me a reach around every ride along! That's pretty cool, huh? I really enjoy the 2 day ride alongs.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 day ride alongs every f'ing month are a joke!! Talk about micromanagement! Add the color coded calendar and the new ride along sheet and you have the worst no trust, micromanaging culture ever!
    Just wait until launch.. forced dinner programs, lunches, trackers, they'll expect miracles without formulary coverage.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are all the defenders of "you know who?" She's the on responsible. How does any of this move business. Oh, thats right, there is no business without a product.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes no product but yet we have all this BS!?!?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#stopthehate

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No not until they stop treating us like pharma newbies and children.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be a poor performer - - - my manager treats me as an equal!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor performance? WE HAVE NO DRUG?! We aren't talking about manager treatment, we are taking about the check the box mentality.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BIG, BIG PHARMA! As you can tell from the communication this morning, BIG BROTHER or shall we say Kathy is ALWAYS watching!

Eyesonyou likes this.