HIV shake up

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't that product literally just get approved less than six months ago??????

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, seriously??? If you paid any attention, you'd know it came out too late and Gilead will own the market from A to Z by summer.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't pay very much attention. I am from another division, but am shocked at the short life of a brand new drug. I have a friend who sold for another company in a similar HCV situation but I was under the impression that the BMS drug was far better than theirs. They mostly, if not all got jobs within their other company divisions though (mostly oncology). Thanks for the info. Sounds like the entire virology division is almost (if not completely) affected. Hope everyone gets to move to other divisions within company.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smart people, take serious note of these previous posts. A GOOD QUALITY company, when downsizing/eliminating certain business units will take steps to offer most persons (obviously not all) at least the chance, in some kind of transition, to post for other positions within the organization. A truly GARBAGE company (wow, wanna take a guess here) will justy wield the axe.

What kind of company do you have in your wallet?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS did nothing to help employees that were laid off and will not in the future. Ludavic answered, when questioned if BMS will help virology reps find other jobs in the company, that your career is your responsibility. Many of us have been at BMS for 20+ years. What a joke. Not waiting for severance.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least someone has common sense, good for you because no one else will help you. Good luck

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not Janssen where all of the HCV reps were offered positions in other divisions without needing to apply. This is becoming a contract company like inVentiv where your lucky to get a pay check and crappy benefits (yes, they are crappy compared to true biotech's) and no one will give a shit if you are downsized. BMS has gone from a diversified healthcare company with pharmaceuticals, medical supplies/joint replacement, OTC and consumer goods to basically an oncology focused company that will charge every penny it can for these meds.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The BMS management quote "your career is your responsibility" used in the context of internal re-employment assistance in helping/counseling/transfering to another division is one of the most cowardly management techniques going. It's classic corporate-speak for "we don't give a rats ass about you and yours". It truly exemplifies that BMS is truly not a quality, people oriented company and not a good place to work and anyone with half a brain who has been around them awhile knows it.
    So, take their hint. Manage your career away from them. BMS, as mentioned in another post, is just a contract-employment company. Get going and get that resume machine cranked up. When shopping the new companies, find out what THEY do when downsizing happens. That will reveal their true colors. Then start looking somewhere else asap if they suck.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well put. Manage your care away from this company before they do it to you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post 47 and 48 are spot on. BMS has become a company that talks about core behaviors, expects loyalty to it, and craps all over long term employees. Do not be mistaken that loyalty is appreciated here. There were a lot of 20+ year employees dumped in this last cut. Way to go.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was in the industry over 30 years, many at BMS. The company has always been one of the worst for employee treatment, value and loyalty to the employee. BMS only cares about profit, so I finished my last 20+ years there only working the system to maximize my opportunity to build a side business of my own. I made BMS a lot of money and set myself up for life out of the industry. No one there really cares about you, so don't give your life to them.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#51 true words. My motto for 2016

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CV molests Collies.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why in the world are they posting jobs in virology and why would anyone take one. Saw the posting.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's likely info that's more current on patent expirations, but here's this much. If anyone out there has more up-to-date info, please post. As far as BMS continuing to post positions currently...well, they do want to make $$$ while there's a little bit of patent time left. From a strickly business standpoint, it makes sense for then to do so. So....whether you're currently in Virology or thinking of joining, you have to accept that it's likely to be a "limited engagement" being in Virology. Ask yourself what you're other options are. Make your plans accordingly but you should be going in with your eyes open.

Sustiva Franchise - Sustiva is a drug from BMS for the treatment of HIV. When sold along with another drug called Truvada* (which is developed by Gilead, an American biotechnology company) in a fixed-dose combination, the package is called Sustiva franchise. Such fixed dose combinations help simplify HIV therapy for patients and providers. BMS made over $1.5 billion in revenues from this franchise in 2012. The patent for Sustiva ends in 2013 and 2015 for E.U and U.S respectively. However, this is not likely to end the exclusivity for the combination therapy as described above. We expect a gradual decline in the sales of Sustiva as more companies develop generic variants and know how about the variants increases in the market.

Reyataz - Reyataz is another drug for the treatment of HIV. BMS develops it under a worldwide license from Novartis and markets it as a combination with Norvir, a drug from Abbott Laboratories. The market exclusivity for the drug ends in U.S., Canada and China in 2017 and in major EU countries and Japan in 2019. The drug accounted for $1.5 billion of BMS’s 2012 revenues.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for clarifying what the drugs are, very informative. 10 years ago you could have added Zerit and Videx EC (as in enteric coated). Those were the good old days of HIV my friend, we thought they'd never end and that Hepatitis was a long term future. Sad to say they all have died within a year or two of each other. HBV 12/2014 - RIP, HCV 6/2016 - RIP, HIV 12/2016 - RIP

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

?????? WTF?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Home office employees are fleeing this s___t storm. J.C. and J.S. gone.....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JC - never figured out exactly what her role involved.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How's it going on the sinking ship?