HIV shake up

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened to Hilary? Looks like the wheels are coming off....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My opinion? Those wheels were falling off WAY before this.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She had very influential people protecting her, but you can only cover up her kind of incompetence for so long. On the bright side, she will have more time to focus on her serial killing.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean? was she let go?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The master plan is to disassemble the company and sell most of it to Gilead. Gilead couldn't buy our HIV business clearly (monopoly), so we will have to move it elsewhere or let it wind down as a separate entity.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard she was unceremoniously let go and walked out by security.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

she was a poor example of a leader. Bill Kindberg was the man.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's Dan Driscle, you idiots miss me yet? Who's looking like a complete f'up now?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Irony, indeed. Spelled Driscoll.
    Who is that blonde lady he hired out west. She still around?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the HIV pipeline being sold off to GSK in '16, how much/how long of a future is there for virology?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would be nervous if no deal is announced about the people joining GSK to follow the pipeline.

Neuroscience was at least allowed to interview to compete for jobs.

The entire diabetes clan went with the products to AZ. No cake walk, but everyone had a job.

Watch the tea leaves for this virology development.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NSS gone
    Metabolics gone
    HIV future gone

Who's next?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HCV was gone before it started. This company has a history of screwing up a wet dream and destroying its reputation in ALL markets over time. Oncology was hot, then not, now hot again......it seems all other disease states are run to the end of the road and then sold off to the highest bidder. The best days for virology were back in the late 90's to early 2000's.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

News that comes as no surprise in giving up the pipeline...

"Bristol-Myers sells its HIV R&D portfolio to GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) & Pfizer's (PFE) ViiV Healthcare for $350 mln (BMY) : The co announced that it has entered into two individual agreements with ViiV Healthcare, a global HIV company and joint GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) & Pfizer (PFE) company, to divest its pipeline of investigational HIV medicines consisting of a number of programs at different stages of discovery, preclinical and clinical development."

Some hard choices - retire, switch franchises within or bail to another company.
    BMS' history speaks for itself, take charge of your life. Best of luck to virology.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are numerous reps there who buried their heads in the sand when it came to being proactive with their careers but felt too cozy in their roles....how's that working out in the long run? Everyone with every company needs to stay ahead of the game to survive

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't think some stayed because of the pipeline???

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do, as would most. The problem is that the leadership here was not inspiring enough to truly believe the hiv ride would last, pretty much the same as the lame ass hepatitis leadership. When it was announced earlier this year that hiv pipeline products were not being continued, anyone with common sense should have started prepping for a new life

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think the hepatitis leadership is lame?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hear that a lot of field reps/managers were recently "excessed" in virology. How extensive was it? I retired out of there (thank God) awhile back and was wondering how these unfortunates made out. Keeping them in the prayers. Thanks.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 1/3 HIV sales force laid off.