Hey...hows that pcsk9 working out?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty tough, I hear. Love to hear any success stories your having. Nobody want to rx these drugs. Too damn expensive, concerns for lowing ldl too low and injectable/lack of dosing flexibility. Sanofi is not having any better luck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The old motto in cardiology has always been start low and go slow on any new medication - titrate slowly and carefully. That's hard to do with a one shot, one month treatment. Difficult to take care of the patient if there is an AE or problem once they are drugged with a full month of medication.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old mottos have no place here. Key is to lower & stabilize LDL, lower dose leads to more LDL fluctuation.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's not what your cardiologist learned in med school or during their internship 10-20 years ago. Don't always believe what sales training tells you. Just drink your Kool-Aid.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me CSO invebtiv rep. Me stupid and lime pom pom!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as it is big pharma approach it won't do well. The key is CV. The CV managers are terrible. Asking the reps why they were hired if they can't get access to key accounts. Where is their access? Why were they hired. To tell their reps they are disappointed in their sales is cruel. That's the approach from top down. More reps is NOT the solution. The Prolia sales are falling off because docs are mad about this bombardment of 4-6 reps in their offices and now another layer. I can't hand hold another layer of people who don't know about injectables, biologics, specialty pharmacy, and the hub. Get off our backs and let us do our jobs. Stop making it more difficult by adding people we don't need. We passed Sanofi for share this week so that tells you something. More IS NOT better.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MO IS BETTER!!!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So NICE (UK) came out with news that it rejects paying for Repatha. The statement said that the data presented by Amgen - "had limitations that called into question the reliability of the cost-effectiveness results".

And the price in UK is only $6789 per year. Basically 1/2 the US price. Not looking good for the uptake here.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cuz the Prolia launch was much smoother, right?!? Nothing like having docs dip into own their pockets for buy & bill, then not be reimbursed for 8 months. Take your meds & chill out....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's going pretty damn well now, thanks for asking.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It must bed doing well since you're sitting home at 2pm posting on CPharma. I guess its selling itself. Good job, skippy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's called a cell phone with a data plan. Once your unemployment check clears, run out & get one.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup...

[​IMG]

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, the family of Seth Williamson would disagree.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, ~500 NRxs per week and declining. This is probably not the initial launch trajectory forecasted - just guessing.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not going well and tension in house rising quickly. Currently they are working to evaluate CSO versus Amgen sales results and early read is not much difference. MT is using this as leverage to discharge more FT Amgen in favor of lower cost CSO sales reps. They are also re-evaluating the IC plan and if they will allow the BCBU team to attend CC - given lack of performance many are saying no and even clawing back on promised bonus. They are working on this with Bain and BCG through the Holiday and then will formulate a plan coming our of the annual VP meeting. It's not encouraging, not for 2015 but 2016 is the issue. Good luck and as I hear more I will share, - SB

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not true, we hired "the best of the best"

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sorry Mike, that is simply not true. You could have but you chose to hire your pals from AZ. They don't know specialty, don't know biologics, don't know how to compete with the big boys. You might better understand that if you A) spent anytime at all with customers and/or B) actually spent anytime in the office. Let's be honest, you are never here and don't even know any of our customers. Shameful Mike, Shameful.