Health insurance for retirees

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else out there discover that they just got raped on their health insurance premiums?! Today, the lovely people who play HR from Xerox told me that the 100% increase in my premium over last year was correct. That would bring my monthly premium before service credits or GSK contribution, to nearly $4000/month for employee and spouse! WTF?! Is there anyone in this screwed up company able to explain this bullsh*t?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least you get credits. Let me tell you my situation. I was two years away from the rule of 75, but then part of the Oncology BU transaction with Novartis. They laid everyone off within the first few months. I lost all potential retiree medical coverage. My future retirement is effectively ruined due to required self funded medical insurance. Thanks GSK.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to check again. Retired two years ago with medical. They did raise my premiums January 1st from $495 to $526 a month for a family of 4. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year

PS. Hopefully, you meant $400 a month.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm with you last poster.....that musta' been Sparky again.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Geez, I wish I did mean $400/month! Sadly, I am talking about $4K before any credits. 18 years of service and this is my reward. I do feel for the poster who got the shaft from the Novartis deal. I got caught up in that too. Last year I paid $770 for family and this year it nearly doubled for me and my husband. There are just too many to thank for this screw job, GSK, Novartis, Obama care, Xerox and the beat goes on.....I am currently working with an insurance broker to try to mitigate the damages. I'll provide the name and number to anyone who wants it

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am another one done in by the Novartis deal. 18 years of service as well. And zero to show for it. Paying for Obamacare with little left over. Was wishing we might be able be to travel a bit, perhaps take the grandkids to Disney. Instead we pay tens of thousand $ for medical coverage. It is a very bitter retirement. If only they knew how they destoyed peoples lives. Sorry to vent but i am very depressed by it all.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder if grounds exist for a class-action lawsuit. GSK has clearly reneged on their commitment to long-term employees.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am probably going to retire within the next two years and have over 30 years service with GSK. What exactly are you all talking about regarding health benefits for retirees? Please explain!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they are mostly ones who went to Novartis.......I'm probably like you, happy with the plans, and retired after over 30 years with the company.....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the medical retiree benefit now? I too will retire with 24 years of service and entitled to medical benefits now. So confusing .....

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its called the rule of 75. If your age and years of service equal 75 or greater you qualify for retiree medical.

Hope that explain it. Knew people that were 4 months away during the last down sizing and GSK didn't care.

Good luck getting to the #.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

correct

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you lonely troll liar

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But when you get there you get pretty much nothing. At least if they gut ACA you can get insurance even with pre existing conditions. Can't believe all you screamers against Obamacare. You get laid off and you are toast if you have issues

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't we all play at least a small role in creating this dog-eat-dog health care climate?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ya think????? Why I was for Bernie--- most drug reps total idiots. Look at GSK. Management gets paid on sales but you get ranked by idiots... Enjoy!!!!! Enjoy the peanuts you get for sales Emile upper management runs away with the goods. Enjoy having voted for Trump!!! He doesn't give a rats ass for you-- only your CEO class-- total idiots

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He was not only fired from his job, but a Looney Tune Leftist. Ha hahaahaahaahahaaaahhaaa

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Beats being a fascist

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There they go again, bringing up Germany in WWII.....that's getting old Sparky.