Health Insurance 2016

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone read the drastic increases in premiums for Lundbeck's health insurance for 2016? If you have not, take a look at the email and you will see what I am talking about. I have been in pharma for 25 years and have seen many health care increases over 25 years.

However, I have never seen it where they increase your premiums and your health insurance actually gets way worse. ER visits have gone up, deductibles have gone up, its no longer a 100/80% coverage but now a 90/70% coverage, etc. So our insurance gets worse and our premiums go up? What gives?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know why but I was confused as well. Maybe this is the climate we are in right now with health care but I think its deeper than that. The new CEO has come in and made major changes and is cost cutting wherever he can.

I think with all the hiring of the psychiatry sales force us on the neurology side are kind of frustrated with these changes because we are carrying the heavy load, and get dinged because of the the big overhead expenses right now in psychiatry.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sucks bad!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck is just going from bad to worse. Sales data is pure shit. Constant meetings and conference calls. 15 partners,giant territories, and a bonus plan that is poor at best. Now our health insurance is going to hell as well.

I plan on taking the holidays to try andy find a way out of here. Things started of great at Lundbeck, but now we are going downhill fast.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Premiums going up.. Well duh. Can you say Obama care. This is a 35-40% increase. One payer system. Here we come

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a horrible place to work. Bait and switch all the way from pay to benefits even to the cars offered. But we care about our people lol lol lol has anyone ever seen data reporting that is worse than this company? They have parterned with the devil and focus now on metrics not quality - insurance is just the beginning of changes to come

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what are the changes to fleet choices?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is actually Lundbeck passing the cost on to the employee again. Cellphones, Fleet, and now insurance. For most families this is going to equal a few thousand dollars a year.

In other words you just lost another bonus check because you have to pay more co- insurance or a percentage of every medical expense.

Example if you have a Baby. The average cost to delivery a baby is $30,000. If you selected a PPO2 with HSA last year once you hit your maximum out of pocket everything was paid at 100%. That was a great deal but you still had a huge deductible.

This year if you have the same baby you have the same deductible but your maximum out of pocket has gone up and now you have to pay 10% of the delivery cost of $3000 regardless of you hit your deductable. Also if a doctor is out of network and most likely someone like the anestiologist during labor and delivery will most likely be you now pay 30%. Your one procedure could be thousands more a year.

Every aspect of our insurance plan is going up and is going to cost you more. The biggest thing is the perentage of everything.

HR did you even try and negotiate with another insurance company!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true, and for once not Lundbecks fault but ACA(Obama care) at work.