Has anyone gotten a call?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Jul 5, 2016 at 6:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who told you tenure playing a big part in selection? Who told you 6 contracts are in the works?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For people like the previous poster that said they were making $68.000, it's a decent thing but for others that are making $5,000 -$7,000 less, it really sucks and is not fair. One would hope that the unfair treatment would not continue, but it does. The less they pay us, the more money they pocket. And the month they just laid you off...that just cost you $5.000. Yet you are "grateful" to have a job. Something is seriously wrong with this picture. I get it, it beats unemployment, but geez, how about fair pay for a day's work?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were you part-time on the Merck contract? I know there were a few full-time reps on this contract.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales should be about numbers, not how many hours a day you work. Produce, play the game, and then go on cruise control when you put up the numbers.

Gosh, you pharma reps crack me up.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's clearly not about numbers. The bonus is terrible and some reps don't even make that. They change targets all the time causing all kinds of problems.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I was part time but happy to go full time.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just heard a rumor that the contract could be for Utibron. Any one hear this?
    Also, did anyone receive the official offer letter?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know if we are going to have our own rooms in Orlando?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A very good question to ask once everything is up and going.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Essentially everyone on this contract that didn't have a company car just lost $7200 untaxabke income, along with the ability to write off the difference in your mileage... so a total of an $11,000 pay cut, give or take. .. so having a lower salary, when your numbers are always in the top. .. hurts :/
    They didn't have to pay for on boarding, drug tests, back ground checks etc....

Happy to have a job, but feel jaded... so I'm going to keep looking. .. as im sure most of us are.

Good luck everyone!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do not understand how you think the $600/mo car allowance was "income"??

Weren't you putting miles on your personal vehicle? Of course you were. So your vehicle was depreciating pretty quickly and you would need to be replace it every couple years. Unless you have someone "giving" you a vehicle every couple of years...you're going to be spending your personal money to buy a replacement.
    Reimbursement is not income

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. . I have to explain this to you??
    1. Some people have cars that are paid for and enjoy the extra Non- taxed $600 a month
    2. Others have vehicles that yes, they are driving and they are depreciating. ... and are now stuck with a vehicle that they are upside down on, so to sell or trade in they would lose their shirt..so now they need to continue to pay for the one they have and pay for the company car. I personally don't need 2 cars, but now I'm stuck with them.

Not to mention we'll no longer be able to write off the difference in milage for taxes which usually allowed for a 3k back in pocket

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're hilarious.
    You think that if your car is paid for that there is no need to save the $600/mo in preparation to replace that car once it's worn out? Does the money to buy a new car just magically appear?

No wonder so many people in our country are screwed up financially.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Although I do agree with your point about those who may have recently purchased vehicles and they are being financed. Yes, you're right. New vehicles depreciate significantly the moment they leave the lot. Hopefully you can sell yours and not lose too much in the deal.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea when we will know specifics such as territory size, call audience , are goals attainable for bonus etc.? Very concerning taking a position without all the facts but it is a job with benefits.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought we where supposed to hear more details today (Tuesday).

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey asshat... I have no debt except my house and car, great credit. .. and i have $$ in the bank. .. which i bet is a better situation than you're in!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish people could address people more respectfully here on CP. Having said that I understand the person's point about having had to putchase a car for their last contract and now being possibly upside down on the car note. That's my exact situation. I had always had a company car in my previous jobs but in my last job (DS4) I had to purchase a car. I bought a used car in great condition. I owe more than it's worth and will sell it still owing the bank about $2100 which I don't like but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm pocketing less money in this position too vs my previous job but that's just life. I deal with it and move forward. Grateful to have a job and not be possibly out of work for months having to dip into my savings.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what kind of company car?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I received an email at 4:56 pm regarding all of the specifics, the company name and the product is Entresto, as assumed by everyone. Start date is July 28th, 1st day of home study is August 1st and the "live training event" in Orlando is scheduled for August 22-31, including the weekend.

I was told on my call that I would receive my company car on September 1st, I suppose that's the first day in the field after the "live training event".