Happy 10th Anniversary MRL-Boston!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor Rupert. He is getting trashed on this thread....I guess all that shagging in Blue Bell was just one symptom of his weak character.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ten years of wasted time and money, all so we could kiss the asses of the bs academic community in Boston. What a joke, and what makes this even more disgusting is that far more productive sites like Montreal and WP were sacrificed to keep this shithole running. Zero drugs, zero meaningful contributions, and a revolving door of personnel. We keep hearing about all of the non existant synergies there are from being in the Boston environment, when all that's going on is ass kissing of the highest order. Any idiot can see what a joke money pit this place is, except of course our esteemed leadership. It's incredible how much gross incompetence there is amongst our leadership. MRL has become a joke, driven completely by gross mismanagement and incompetence. Biggest focus of leadership is preserving their salaries and maintaining the status quo, and making sure that everyone who reports to them is first and foremost an ass kissing yes man.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRL - Boston offers a basis for talent to come and go. Mostly, go! It's easy because the next job is just two T-stops away which makes for a revolving-door mentality. Being located in one of America's top educational hubs should bring some advantages. I just haven't been able to recognize any yet and I don't think anyone in management has figured out a way to leverage it, nor will they.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rupert is that you....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feel sorry for Rupert the Wanker. He deserves a special place close to the ninth circle of Hell from all his inaction and devastation that he and Peter Kim brought to Merck R&D.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's astounding is that Rupert has never been in any position long enough to allow for a true evaluation of any of his accomplishments. What's clear though is that he indeed never makes tough decisions and surrounds himself with cronies. I guess I just described pretty much the entire MRL management organization.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head there!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They found him where you'll find all other wankers like him, Rupert's fountain of kool aid.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir Rupert the Wanker......funny.

More like Sir Rupert the Philanderer of Blue Bell !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rupert, old chap, Joe is now your daddy....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What exactly is there to celebrate? Should we celebrate 10 years of total waste? The Boston site is nothing more than a store front on an expensive part of real estate. Like a flagship store on Times Square. It provides visibility but loses money indefinitely. If it is just a store front then get all research out of it because nothing has come out of this site and nothing will. Look at what’s currently there: Oncology has been unsuccessful from the beginning (we should forget those 100 worthless PCCs our Friend put out) and has been decimated over the years to the point it’s completely irrelevant. Immunology is nothing more than a bad joke with pathetic leadership, nothing happening there. The neuroscience group, how many times does it need to be moved to follow the same path as oncology? And then there is of course the IMR group. It wasn’t this group who discovered the PD1 but nevertheless got a blank check to conduct any experiment they can think of regardless whether it makes any sense at all. If tomorrow they want to stick a piece of kryptonite labeled antibody in a mouse because they think it’s going to work it will be done the next day, no questions asked. In the end moral is just as low as at any other site.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy who wrote this e-mail is one of the most irrelevant pompous asses employed by Merck, Scott Berk. The man is evil, once a respected (and I use that term loosely) Chemist, he has been reduced to sending out e-mails about impending fire drills and traffic reports and when the Red Sox will be playing. What is his role and why is it needed (lay him off!). Any (lousy) Administrative Assistant could do the job he's doing. Merck, get rid of this guy - no one can stand him and most definitely, no one respects him.

Signed,
    Everyone at the Boston Site

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know. There are just so "many irrelevant pompous asses employed by Merck" that it is so hard to pick the most exceptional ones out from such a illustrious collection.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about respiratory in Boston?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Irrelevant for sure but there are quite a few those in Boston. It’s very unfortunate that for such a small place it would be relatively easy to make a list of wankers and utterly incompetent people.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I remember those happy hours fondly.... and I really hated to see Lex go....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rupert was the chief wanker...still is...but Junkyard Joe will get him...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I will put him to work

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss Lex...