Guys drink Pilsner Style Lagers, not this crappy craft beer IPA junk.

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Wonka, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:58 PM.

1. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

I have learned why all these Craft Beer pubs are popping up without them offering 1 decent Pilsner Style Lager.

If you go into any normal bar where they offer both, you will find the overwhelming majority of people drinking Pilsner Style Lager. (Stella, Dos Equis Lager, Heineken, Miller, Budweiser, etc.)

This microbrewery opened near my house and I spoke with the owner asking him, "Why don't you have a single Pilsner since that what I see majority of people drink?"

Apparently Lagers are harder and take at least 2-3 times longer to brew.

Now some people genuinely like this shitty ass IPA Craft beer junk and some of them are interesting to try, but most people out for drinks don't sit and put back a few of these because they are not tasty on the pallat. You go to any regular bar and you will see vast majority of people drinking Pilsner Lagers.

We want better Lagers, the Millers and Buds are dying, but it's NOT because of craft. People are moving to Stella, Modello, Dos Equis Lager, etc.

Vagitarian likes this.

2. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

With all due respect, when out my preference in Lagers is Negra Modello - HOWEVER - for sitting at home watching the Dodgers or the Royals, a nice cold Stone Wootstout (craft beer) is my beer of choice. And it's 13% so one bomber (22 oz bottle) puts me 'right where I wanna be'. You can snag a bottle at Trader Joe's today, it won't last long. http://www.stonebrewing.com/collab/w00tstout/

3. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

But you even say yourself one is enough. The majority of guys that throw back a few beers drink pilsner style lagers. They dominate in sales and I am annoyed by these bars that don't offer a single 1 of them on tap.

Vagitarian likes this.
  4. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

I much prefer a pilsner/lager style beer - crisp and clean.

Yuengling Premium, Molson Golden, Mooshead.

Vagitarian likes this.
  5. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

I had my day when I'd knock back a few. Now I'm retired and lost 30 lbs since December. A few beers would just bloat me. A lot of this is regional too ya know? We have a bar here that has 101 different beers on tap. Pilsner lagers are available but it's supply and demand. Most gars just stock what sells.
    http://www.barrelhouse101.com/beers-on-tap