Guarantee?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have read many times about guaranties on this thread. I'm looking into a career in medical device and I don't fully understand how they work. Say you get hired and they guarantee you 100k. In your first year if you are on pace to do more than 100k can you go over or are you stuck because you have the garentee? Also at what point can you stop the garentee and work on straight commission if that is your plan?

I know some of you won't give a serious answer but I'm really trying to break into the industry and get a better idea of how you get paid.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you will get paid in bitcoins, unless your guarantee is in forex, then its yen or something. depends on the division.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You wont get a guarantee if you can't spell guarantee. Also you won't get a guarantee if you're not in the industry already.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

funny AND true! If they were to offer you a GUARANTEE, I guarantee it won't be much.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok in all seriousness can someone just explain how a guarantee works?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's just a draw against commission - if you don't "make" the 100G, you'll owe the difference back.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A guarantee is different than a draw. You don't need to pay back the difference on a guarantee. If you have a guarantee of 100k and only sell 90k you still make 100k. If you have a guarantee of 100k and sell 140k you make 140k. Very simple. I never had to owe money my first year.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please tell me you're kidding me. Only $100k guarantee? Maybe you'll make $140k? I'm not changing careers for that! I was told $200k+ by year 3!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cool. Stay where you're at then. I'm sick of people coming into this business thinking they're owed all this huge money. You bring nothing to the table. The only thing I "guarantee" you is you're out of the biz in 18 months......

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

those examples are just to make the example easy to explain. Get off your high horse. You eat what you kill here buddy. The guarantee is for year one until you build your business up. If you come in here with these expectations you are going to automatically make 200+ no matter what you need to reconsider this field. We bust our ass to make 200-300k. Most reps are in and out because they can't close.