GSK to shutter RTP Campus

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Philly, the city of "Brotherly Love" or aka the San Francisco of the East

2. sirandy

sirandy new user

We won, you lost. enjoy the county fair, Gomer Pyle.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suck a corndawggggg....y'all come back now, here!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, the sad thing is that all of GSK and its shareholders lost. Zero track record for drug discovery in "Philly". All compounds have been in-licensed. Other than a self-serving agenda, there was no reason for MS and PV to have promoted UP and London as the drug development centres for novel compounds. Phil Hampton, we need a shake up in R&D or let's sell the company to the highest bidder.

5. sirandy

sirandy new user

Whatever puts Mir money in my pocket, that's all I care about.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RTP article reports 87 % of employees want to stay in NC and not be moved back to Philthydelphia. We are hoping to get all of them back North to preserve our heritage.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who would rather stay in that dump versus going to Philly, please stay! That way you can keep your pickup truck you inbred country bumpkins.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ain't nobody moving to Phila. The whole point was to eliminate long-tenured (and high salaried) employees. The job is nearly complete.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wont be long before GSK abandons Philly too for the proper r&d site of merry ol England. So philly may have a few more years but will now be the GSK whipping boy ;) have fun philly!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Philly will be out of KY jelly from the ars reamming GSK employees receive. Have phun, I know you will enjoy ;)

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHY????

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We B mostly Baptists here Son.

13. sirandy

sirandy new user

Philadelphia is great! Serves as a constant reminder to the Brits failure historically with the US. Every time Dingo and Twitty set foot on precious Philly soil they are reminded of their forefathers failures. I would not have it any other way, it's poetic. I think the whole lot of top management should be required to have an annual meeting in Philadelphia. Beats that atrocious North Mymms that's for sure. The first thing the new CEO better do is shutter and sell that white elephant. I'd be proud to take a match to the tapestries there that they treat like gold. Heck, give me a 5 rating; I'll be happy as long as you let me.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. Twit n Dingo are the epitome of the British elite falling good decent people.
    Once they leave gsk with bags of money, they will be taking selfies w poor starving African kids. Total disgrace.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surprised at all the acrimony between RTP and Philly.
    1) most of the GSK employees in RTP are not from the South
    2) an accent (northern or southern) doesn't make you stupid or smart
    3) we will be lucky if anything is left in the U.S. Everytime someone in a management position leaves, the replacement is based in the UK. Andrew was Knighted for taking jobs back to the UK.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surprised by the acrimony? Philly "leaders" have screwed RTP employees from the time of the merger. GW was a terrific company with a robust pipeline. SKB brought Paxil, Avandia, zero in-house experience in drug discovery (everything in-licensed), the Moroccan, and the list continues daily. Although Andrew has been a failure, he has won points in Britain for sacrificing American jobs for those in Britain.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think time is up. Your prediction is wrong, just like your other predictions.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not so fast there Sparky....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, it's coming...