GSK to shutter RTP Campus

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No anger here, no welfare here either thank you very much. Just enjoying all the drama now that I'm on the outside looking in. no desire to get back to the inside.... Been there done that, no thanks.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prestige Worldwide!

https://youtu.be/ciS914MaDl8

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prestige Worlwide!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they love us worlwide !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK should never have moved to the South. Many educated people would not go to a little swamp hole to live. Philadelphia is a thriving, beautiful city and the home of American democracy. Raleigh is a tiny little southern town filled with bigots and few cultural amenities and far too many Bubbas. Yay Philly! Civilization! Educated masses! And for Pete's sake who sends their child to a school based on a sport's record? Isn't this one of the many problems in the South? There is NO private or public university is the south which compares to the Northeast power houses. Southern universities, for the most part, spew out little Stepford children who party too much and have no independent thought.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh please do go, and go fast. We never wanted your type down here. Hope you love the smell and fumes of Philthydelphia......watch out for muggers and crime, even in the daylight.
    We wonder why so many beg to stay here, and even risk jumping ship to stay in this beautiful area. Thy ghetto awaits in the big city.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ticktickticktickticktick...:eek:

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another brain dead post. Duke, UNC and NC State...........non of which you could ever qualify for if you applied. Check the stats. Amongst the highest concentration of population with advanced degrees. Meanwhile, Philthydelphia continues to look more like Detroit everyday.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Philthydelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, aka the San Francisco of the East. Need I say more. A complete sewer. Nobody is moving there, everyone is moving out to escape the crime, high cost of living. Ugliest, obese people in the US. Sit on their butts all day eating grizzly, greasy sandwiches with "wizz" on them and spend the night wiping "jizz" off their chins and faces.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree , but my wife loves the Philly cream cheese and chili to make a dip for Fritos !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well......they do have good cream cheese.

14. Statman

Statman Guest

My you are pretty stupid. First of all GSK never "moved to the South". GW was thriving in North Carolina, and almost as soon as the GW-SKB merger happened, the stock price fell significantly. GW was the bigger and more successful company. GW came from the Glaxo and Burroughs-Wellcome merger, both of whom were in NC. But somehow former-SKB took leadership control over time, even though it was supposedly a 60-40 GW-SKB split. Paxil, Avandia, China, my how former-SKB leadership brought the company down.

I've lived in both Philly and Raleigh (& other cities). Philly is by far most racist city I've lived in, and not just black/white, but also what country your ancestors came from. Philly (Center-city) is, or at least was 20 years ago, a dirty nasty city, where no one wanted to live. "Educated masses!" I'm pretty certain that both Duke and UNC rate higher academically than any Philly area university. The Triangle is #2 in the country (behind the Silicon Valley) in PhD's per capita. There is a reason that people from NY, NJ, PA, MA, CT move to the South when they retire, because the North is a shit-hole of a place to live. Raleigh has become a melting pot, with people from all over the country and the world living here. And nobody really cares where you come from or what your race is. When GSK let go 1000 employees 18 months ago, the GSK leadership was surprised that very few when asked to move to Philly agreed to do so. And they have found that 18 months later, they still have not been able to replace much of that talent lost. Simple fact is, it is a whole lot easier to recruit and attract talent to the Triangle than it is Philly. The Triangle regularly rates as one of the top places to live! Philly, not so much.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"agree , but my wife loves the Philly cream cheese and chili to make a dip for Fritos !"
    Delicious!
    [​IMG]

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was one of the folks in RTP that opted for a package and refused to go to "Philly" for the very reasons noted above. In my new company I've had GSK "Philly" folks contact me about employment and I honestly tell them that the folks in Philly were not bright, didn't understand drug development, and most importantly, were a back-stabbing group of folks that would climb over their best friend to get a promotion at GSK. RTP folks? I have hired them multiple times. Hardworking, honest, great understanding of drug development and most importantly, are team players. Key GW leadership like "Sir" Richard were paid off and rode into the sunset while leaving a power vacuum for the new GSK. That's when the coup d'etat occurred with JP Garnier, Tachi, and the other SKB morons taking over. SKB did not have a pipeline and have never had a pipeline. They are a marketing company only. To base R&D in Philly without looking at the track record of this group in drug discovery was criminal. Wonder why the pipeline is weak to nonexistent, look no further than the R&D "Leadership" in Philly.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know who was worse, Tachi or Moncef. Both were corrupt and incompetent.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please repost this when Emma crashes and burns.

Oh, and by the way, you skipped the sales rep from GW (part of the fraudulent gsk sales leadership) who made the worst acquisitions in pharma history, turned r&d into 5 man DPUs w zero candidates, opened up China and turned away from white pills/western markets, promoted all of his buddies despite failure, hired Emma over a lunch (not launch) date and traded the most profitable assets in industry (oncology) for low margin buck a shot assets. But hey, he wasn't all bad, he brought on dingo, implemented forced rankings and phony metrics.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good summary of the DimWitty era. What an incompetent buffoon. Worst Pharma CEO in recent memory. The oncology sale was one of many idiotic decisions. And yes putting friends in roles where they had no experience (eg Mark Reilly GSK China). I hope the press continues to pile on him for years to come.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there a big announcement scheduled for Monday?