GSK Stock

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Under $38….37.56 YIKES!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the rest of the market is hitting new 52 week highs, right?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrific. Zero net share price gain over the last five years, and debatably ten+ years, and how many $ billions in share buy-backs, deals, and R&D? How can the institutional shareholders not be screaming for change? I am sorry, but management has to go. For the sake of shareholders, if Witty et al cannot demonstrate the capability to create value, they must make way for those who can. Time upon time they choose the worst option. The sale of Oncology was the most telling. Who convinced them to sell off the star performing business unit and double down on low margin, slow growth, commodity businesses? I am guessing the same investment bankers who will make a killing selling off the remaining scraps of this company. Back upon the original merger, GSK was the largest Pharma group in the world. This is a very sad ending to what might have been.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who convinced the board for the company to sell oncology and jump into vaccines? That's easy, look who was the beneficiary of that decision. The former Head of R&D, MS, was forced to relinquish his role to PV and sources indicate this was not his decision. He was the one that convinced Witty and the BOD to abandon Oncology and make vaccines a major part of the portfolio with him as the leader. He was the one that approached Novartis about selling their vaccine portfolio and then Novartis countered that the deal would require GSK to part with their oncology portfolio. This is essentially an R&D coup d'etat with PV now holding a very depleted portfolio of pharmaceuticals.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock has not been worth a dang since the very early 90's.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a truism.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stupid is, as stupid does. Buh bye dim witty

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That phrase fits you well.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, Moncef again is part of the demise of GSK. I wish I had his golden parachute.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock moving close to $40, GSK gaining momentum as the industry finally realizes that Sir Andrew and Moncef were correct in noting that the day of reckoning was coming for pharma companies reliant on high-priced drugs such as oncology. We are privileged to have such wise and prescient leaders! The OTC commercials on television have been terrific and will be certain to draw in consumers (Great Job Emma!)

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen.......there have been so many negative people on this site, most have been fired, who need to stay away. Glad to have made it all these years with one of the best pharmaceutical companies around.....and some of the most intelligent leaders in the business !

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto, too much negativity. And what's with the hatred shown to Moncef? We're lucky to have such an intelligent leader. I'm sure Sirtris is a diamond in the rough. And regarding darapladib, aren't there trials in Alzheimer's that are looking promising? What a great and wonderful company!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree. I think most people enjoy seeing the troll loading up the board with the same things over and over again. Even though we have seen 1000's of posts about PR agents, HR people, plants, shills, Moncef comments, DC comments, Tangine, etc., it just gets even funnier. Doesn't everyone like hearing the same joke thousands of time over? Doesn't everyone enjoy hearing complaints non-stop day after day? Just like men enjoy having a nagging wife or a kid that cries all day. Yep, nothing but fun and games.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree, the tagine and dehydration jokes are pretty funny. Please keep them coming.