Greg Barrett steps down

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Oct 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and is leaving soon if not already. Another one bites the dust and it's long overdue.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know why he stayed as long as he did

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GB stayed for the package. His direct reports all go into KK now. My guess is that of the 5 guys and gal, only 2 will survive the purge.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who reported to Greg? I know some of them:

Lorenz - GONE! Total loser
    Carol P - The dumbest and meanest person at DSI
    Kartik S - Nice guy, but he needs to get laid off to save him from himself. He is a total kool-aid drinker and commutes 3+ hours a day to get to this sh!thole.
    Dan S - His biggest support is gone and the pain franchise is dead in the water.

Who am I missing?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Greg stayed to get the package. Why not? I'm sure he had a nice contract to keep him in place until now. As for his staff, some good and some bad. He sold off contracts (EM and LK) to SS in MM. EM got screwed and was smart enough to get out. LK and BA survived and are probably two of the worst people to work with. KK will have no clue what to do with his new direct reports. Maybe another great Amgen hire to take them over. I guess Greg had the last laugh.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was no secret that Greg and Rob hated each other. Surprised he lasted as long as he did.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! I left DSI in 2012 - during the first layoff - so I got a really nice severance package, took some time off, traveled and got a job as soon as I started looking. All in all, best thing that ever happened to me. But reading these comments, I am floored at what's happened to what was once a pretty decent place to work. I can only imagine how toxic the environment must be there. I feel for all of you. It must be tough to get up every morning and go to work in what is probably a near empty building full of frightened, understandably miserable people. There is a life after DSI and at least when I was there, I did learn a lot and met some great people. My advice is get out of there and move on. No job is worth going through this misery. Good luck to all.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. I left in March with a very nice package (not as good as 2012, but still generous due to my band and years of employment). I am so lucky! DSI is a pathetic place with sad, angry, and miserable people. It is shocking to see what happened to once a real gem of the industry. But time doesn't stand still, life moves on, and things change. I loved my time at DSI and met some truly wonderful colleagues. I moved to a new company with in a few months and the change has been so refreshing.

My advice, take the voluntary package and those extra 12 weeks of pay (HO), get out of dodge and turn the page.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give VTP to all.

Don't be hatin' DSI management.

And don't discriminate. Pay us and we'll all walk (make that run) away.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree as well. I left sometime ago. Even before it was DSI, old Sankyo Pharma days. Used to be a great place to work. After reading these threads over the last several years, I've been very glad I made the decision I did. As the above poster said, there is life after DSI. Go somewhere you are appreciated and paid appropriately. Opportunities are there.

As for GB, I knew him very well. He's actually a great guy and did good things for the company. At least when I was there. I'm sure he is walking away with a pretty sweet deal. More power to him. I wish him all the best.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GB used to be great. When he filled in as acting President he went down the shitter. He couldn't make decisions about anything. When he did it was a disaster. Lynn K took great advantage of that as did LM and BA. He'd ask for tons of info and then do nothing with it. Then KK got the job and all was lost.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible guy, big back stabber Hasn't worked in years. Screwed with anyone who tried to get in his way. No loss here

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so wrong, he was the only one with any honor. GG took over everything when he had JG fired then he put KK in place so he could control him. Then RL and then then it was all went in the shitter

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only in America can a guy with a PH.d get fired by a sales/con man

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was with DSI then and worked in the HO. I heard he was done. The Emperor and GG took over and GB never had a chance. They made him acting pres but wouldn't let him make any changes. He was f'd from the start. He should have walked.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honor? Are you out of your mind or nice post Greg

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

corporate snake

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who cares

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't believe he was allowed to stay for that long! What a waste of money.