Great Decisions in Colorado

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At this point there aren't hardly any people left within all of Amgen that know anything about Longmont.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Longmont was always the red headed stepchild of Amgen. When I hired on in mid-2005, they gave me a copy of the Amgen 25th anniversary book in my offer package. In this whole book, there are only 2 pages about Longmont- despite it being the site making the product that put Amgen on the map. I was in LM manufacturing for over 10 years and the site never got the respect and value that it deserved.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many tens of millions of dollars will have been wasted if they restart Longmont.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any decision on if they have to open Longmont back up? That'd be great for profits.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word is they are going to start the plant back up for EPO mfg

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know the RBM process inside and out. I would go back... But only as an Amgen employee and at a salary higher than when I left. If LM closes again at some point, I will need a good place to land within the Amgen network of sites.

Never would go back as a contractor... I suspect many of my former colleagues will feel the same way. If they expect to run this plant without ex-Amgen employees on staff, they e sorely mistaken.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me, too. Ex- roller bottle person here who would love to come back. How?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is hiring contractors back to the site. Even if Epo production in TO works they may still need the Longmont capacity. AZ is now looking at purchasing the site. What a joke. Maybe they can get S. Lam back to cry and lay everyone off again.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's amazing how long it's taking to get the TO facility up and running. Much longer than it took to build, validate, and get a lot out the door. Hire these people back, the current crew sucks!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any updates on the possible reopen?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's definitely opening again. Look for the 100+ ACO documents that were obsolete but recently brought back to "Effective"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will open

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any updates?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sept decision

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was supposed to have been July, then August, then Sept... SOS at Uncle A. Now they need to figure out if it'll be CMO'd by AZ, leaseback LM from AZ.