Great Decisions in Colorado

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just weeks after the last few people left the Longmont EPO manufacturing site, word around the campfire is that the site will be brought back into service during 2016 to manufacture 15 batches of EPO! There won't be any problems with that at all - will there? ... given the roller bottle machine and its reliable service when brought back up (/sarcasm), and the loss of the skilled operators and staff.

Hasty financial-based decisions lead to likely even greater costs incurred down the road.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$300/hr and we are in

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Send in the clowns

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder if they will let any of the severed staff even apply for jobs (?)

Good luck with that Scamgen

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck w/that. They can get plenty of drones in at a third of your dream rate. Typical big-headed Amgone.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it was a joke moron

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A third? Sure. You can get them for a tenth as well. The same disastrous outcome will be the result so why not save some money. Amgen's only hope for starting Longmont back up is to beg former employees to help. All of the old timers have taken packages and are onto greener pastures. I see Lowell is back to consulting. I'm sure he'd help for $500 an hour.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JS could come down off of his high horse to lend a hand but he'd have to put his sandwich down first. No eating in the clean areas.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Skrine? No way. He sold his million dollar Colorado house already....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lowell was one of the last ones left with any integrity or care about the people impacted.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And now he's back to consulting and I am sure he'd help out for $500 an hour. He can keep his integrity since he gave up brilliant leadership when he was born.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow- do you even know him douche-bag? Let me guess, you worked for him and are jealous...that must be it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quite well actually. Knew him when he was a consultant and after he was hired on at Amgen at BH's pushing. Nice enough guy. Not a good leader. You could call him empathetic. Not sure what you are so upset about. I doubt he'd come back to help Amgen for free. None of us would. He was laid off too.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Latest news is that Longmont site will reopen & restaff for restart over the course of 2016, for EPO manufacturing for the foreseeable future. No idea where staff or facility needs will come from since it is down to a minimal crew now and Amgen sites have been having nearly constant sales to sell off assets and equipment.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a job back at Amgen Longmont in order to get laid off again in 18 months? Why bother unless you are looking to pass the time until you find something better. I'm sure they will force anyone with roller bottle experience to go back to Longmont and live away from their families. Problem is that there is hardly anyone left in the company that knows anything about it. The start up decision is not yet made but the plant is slowly being prepped in case it comes to that.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is that Longmont EPO plant is starting back up...what a shame that the majority of the talent has already moved out of state or is flocking to the Medimmune site in Boulder.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No official word yet but the ass factory is slowly but surely getting ready to run. There aren't many people left that know what they are doing though and even fewer that would waste the time to help.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Re-starting the site at this point really seems impossible, from a personnel point of view. They will need manufacturing staff, quality staff, qualified and validated facilities, a site head and quality head to meet CFR requirements, and I wouldn't be surprised if FDA came in to inspect while this circus is going on. Where in the world does Amgen expect to get all of these people who will be capable of running and overseeing this process? Contractors? Who would give up their current job to come back to the company that let them go - only to work for a couple of years and then get let go again? Petitioning to rehire previous staff as employees? Better.. but still there isn't a long enough duration to make this attractive. Most people left over a year ago and are working out of the area or securely employed locally. This will be interesting to see.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be entertaining. Someone lost their job for the bad Epogen forecast. Serves them right.