General advice/help!

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by C.F, Jul 26, 2016 at 12:58 PM.

1. C.F

C.F new user

Hi,
    I'm a histology tech with 8 yrs experience in a derm. lab. I have a bachelors in business (supply chain). The economy was so bad when I graduated (2009) that I couldn't get a internship let alone a entry level position.
    My dilemma is that I've reached my peak at my current position and I'm looking for a career change were I can finally use my degree and also stay in the medical field. I've been reading up on medical as well as device sales but my problem is I don't quite know we're to start. I've looked into the Medical sales college as well as NAMSR ( they don't seem to be in business anymore). Should I take the plunge and start off in an entry level sales job, focus on laboratory sales, start off entry level supply chain? Please, any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    C

2. VTlimex

VTlimex new user

I think you should start the sales in labs, where you have experience with relations before

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the reply. I've looked into some jobs with companies like thermo and Leica but they still require 2-3 sales experience. I guess I'm just clueless on how to "get my feet wet".

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could always wet your feet with a 1099 position.

Sure, there are drawbacks, but you can for sure land a 1099 position to get your feet wet and some experience under your belt.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are of the country are you, if your in NC we have an opening.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in diagnostic sales and love it! Take a look at all of the diagnostic company job boards and try to find something in a clinical or field support capacity. We have several Med Techs that work hand in hand with sales. This would be a great way to get your foot in the door and move into sales once you get some field experience under your belt. Good luck!