Gallup Personality Test

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by Adventuro, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM.

1. Adventuro

Adventuro new user

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to take the Gallup Personality Test. Does anyone know of any resources where I can research and practice for the test? Any insight or advice for the test is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey man. just be yourself and make sure you know that you have good examples. they are personality questions. this is hard to really help with cuz they have an array of questions

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your recruiter and hiring manager for advice. They should help/coach you through it. Recruiter gets paid if you get hired so they definitely want you to pass. Ultimately you have to be yourself though. Good luck

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy a copy of Discover Your Sales Strengths and take the online assessment provided within to get an idea of the questions you will see. The Gallup test you're taking was based on the research presented in this book, and it will give you some good insights.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that it is very important to be yourself. I prepped myself for Gallup test that got me an interview with Stryker. Knowing the Stryker personality, I gave direct, rapid, answers to all the questions. I knew that Stryker did not favor thoughtful contemplative folks who would give answers to questions by asking questions or qualifying their responses in any way. They want folks who see things in black and white and make rapid decisions. Unfortunately, that was not at all who I am. I ended up interviewing with a bunch of jerks who had basically devoted their lives to their work, something I would never be willing to do. Please be yourself and save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think I fucked up my interview. I was doing pretty much what you said, until I got the old question, "What would you do with your life if you were wealthy?". I know I should have said something like I would keep working as a rep because I enjoy making difference in people's lives or something like that.

However I thought this might be a chance to differentiate myself and I told the truth. I said, "I wold buy a ranch in Montana and spend hours sitting on the front porch with my thumb metaphorically lodged in my ass staring out into the distance."

The interviewers did seem surprised but at the time I thought it might be a good thing. Now I think it was a mistake.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were halfway there. The correct answer (if you were interviewing for a Stryker position), would have been lodging your thumb up one of your colleagues ass’s or mgr’s ass’s. This would have shown them you’re a team player & willing to do whatever it takes to please other people (like a doctor you’re willing to do whatever it takes to get the sale.) It would prove you were probably part of a fraternity and bring them back to their glory days, where glory holes & elephant walks were all the rage, and you probably would have gotten the job. Sorry you didn’t get the job, but you live & you learn I guess.