Future of the Gamma team?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Aug 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has the return been worth the investment? Thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

none of psych is worth the investment

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We on the psych team have all come from someplace else. Please share your past life history in this one regard:
    Did you ever work for a company that had more than one sales force where 1 team only had 1 drug and the other had 2. ?
    Gamma does half the work of beta. They deal with half as many counterparts as beta. They have only 1 disease state. And come inventory time, they can do it in 2 minutes. With the Rexulti goals as unrealistic as they are, beta's chance at income is dramatically cut vs. gamma with one drug and a Trintellix goal that is high but more reasonable.
    Senior management: people are starting to get really pissed about the discrepancy. Wake up!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everything you are saying is correct. But, what you are forgetting is why the Gamma team was even started in the first place. The Gamma team is only here because with our contract with Takeda we needed to have a certain number of voices out in the field talking about Trintellix and have a certain number of calls per day. This was all put in place because we would have been outside the rules of the contract with Takeda and probably missed out on some type of milestone payment or been penalized monetarily in some way. Let's not also forget that it's not unreasonable to think Takeda was a little more than pissed off knowing and seeing how much attention was being diverted to Lundbecks newest best friend Otsuka and Rexulti. So Gamma was also a way to show Takeda we where not going to lose focus on Trintellix. The main point is we can complain about it as much as we want(and for good reason), but HQ does not care! They don't care about what is fair or not fair. They care about a much bigger overall picture. The only way they will start to take notice is when they start (and it has already started) losing more and more reps at a quantity and rate that would be considered unacceptable. I think we may be getting to that point.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO - why doesn't home office get smart and make the most of their investment and get GAMMA to also sell Result???!!! WHY is it fair that they will make more in bonus than the BETA team - with ONE product and half the headache????!!!! My counterpart GAMMA has goals HALF of my TRINTELLIX GOALS!!!!!! How is that possible??????? and my REXULTI Goals are over 80% !!!!!!! What the HECK!!!!! THIS IS INSANE! and YES people are getting mad, frustrated and fed up with these poor decisions home office is making!!!! I hope to god someone from high up is reading these posts and getting a CLUE!!!!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see the rankings when T2 is published. If Gamma team, as a whole, made more bonus money than Beta, they will have a huge problem.

Does anyone notice they pay three teams bonus on Trintellix? One team on Maintena and one team on Rexulti. Maybe one of the ASM's or AM's with a MBA will take a critical look at what is being paid on bonus and how that compares to our share of profit from each of the drugs. That would be an interesting report.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are spot on. Gamma wasn't needed in what would be considered a "normal" business environment. But as another posted stated, let's look at bonus payout. If Arena is serious about looking at compensation - which I don't think he is they would do the following:
    Compare the bonus payout of the gamma rep and the (usually) 2 beta reps they overlap with. If there is a difference in $$$, they need to elevate the beta reps up to what the gamma rep made. I think we are all sick and tired, as beta reps, of the gamma getting a free pass. They do less work with easier goals. The revolt is starting.