Future of DePuy Synthes

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Dec 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what does the future hold for DePuy Synthes?

Will the organization be buried within Ethicon due to weak leadership?

Will it be divested within 3-5 years due to eroding margins?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The products that do not contribute to the established bottom line will likely be eventually eliminated. The weak leadership from DS will be recycled and scattered across the new MD&D only to contribute to continued business missteps and illegal activity that will not only hurt more patients but ultimately slowly kill the remaining business. With the current market situation and pricing pressures, DS will need to make significant pricing plays to stay relevant, which I am sure they will not.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pricing... the downfall of DS. When millions and millions are given away each year with price concessions, its no wonder DS is in the trouble it is in. Pricing power is tough to regain once it is all given away...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The day is coming soon where DS (along with other co's) can no longer justify the high prices for the implants anyway. The question is - how low can they go before breaking even? I can only assume the current pricing model is not sustainable past 2 years. Something's gotta give and we will be seeing the first intiative to drive down internal costs next month. Not a good time to be with DS.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

old news. Haven't been able to justify past pricing for some time now.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very poor hires in management and the dealing with the DS issue. I am looking now but non compete sucks. My surgeons have told me to jump. Crazy!! Should not be this way

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. DePuy management is a joke. Especially in recon.

Good advice from your docs. Soon sales reps incomes will be aligned across MDD and will be significantly lower for us. Good old days are gone. Time to jump off the titanic and leave the industry.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The time to jump was 3 years ago. Wish I would have taken the advise of an old timer and left back then

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If everyone agrees that management is a joke (and they are) how do they keep their jobs? There isn't one leader that I know in recon that I respect. It's always been bad but now it's a complete mess. Obviously it's never going to change so the best thing to do is move on.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recon may not be so great but the spine side is a joke. Look around in the SE.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So big announcement... DS cutting 3000 jobs from the MD&D division due to poor performance. Finally! They need to eliminate dead weight. This industry has changed and continues to change, but DS stuck in 1990's Orthi mindset. Dump distributors, clean out marketing and recognize irs 2016!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor performance is not the case. My case numbers are up over last year, it is the average sales prices that are down. I agree that management and marketing has to be changed. I do not agree with changing the distributor model. Corporate tried selling direct with company owned territories and that did not work. I also know the distributors make an insane amount of money. They have a way of just reducing our % when corp. passes a reduction to them. Bottom line is ,you get what you pay for in terms of effort when it comes to reducing comm. to the people in the field.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is with all the companies that JNJ has to offer, Why is it that they can not seem to land on all contracts for every hospital? Maybe the contracting and legal departments need to be shaken up?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

start with the vp of marketing and vp of fam and then weed out their cronies

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has nothing to do with rep performance, it has everything to do executive mismanagement & pathological fraud with Ethicon Gynecare, Ethicon Acclarent & DePuy Synthes starting at the top with Gorsky, Pruden and Ross who've had their hands in all three companies. Good, honest hard-working employees pay the price for the executive's sins.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm considering spine. Your thoughts?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok the announcement was weeks ago and and does anybody know which jobs have been cut?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sheets bout ta get real!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did the bulk of the layoffs announced back in January already occur? Or are they still going on in phases?