Fuck, fuck, fuck this company

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, someone forgot to take their meds today?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get it. This seems complicated. What happens once this trocar that u speak of is inserted into a patients abdomen? What is being drained thru them? Man I wish Applied trained me better on this stuff. So u can use these trocars like a straw to suck the blood and fluids out? That doesn't seem very sanitary. What if the patient has Mersa or AIDS? Yuck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know Applied was still around - did you know Stryker is hiring - a reprocessed applied trocar saves the hospitals even more money.

Losers in a company every hospital hates.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really are a dumbass. 3 of my hospitals have been approached by both Sterilmed and Ascent and in all instances the hospital said its not worth it because our trocars are the same amount or even less than what a reprocessing company would charge. Ask the doctors what they would rather use, something "cheap" that's new, or something thats been reprocessed and risks damaging the seal. Better yet moron, you tell me what you would rather have put in you? I'll take the cheap, new trocar all day long you troll

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, you're the dumbass.. hospitals are looking at everything right now to cuts costs as they are moving to a managed care environment. Bottom line is that with reprocessed stuff the patient doesn't have a fucking clue and the Doctors have less and less say in this area.. FDA says a reprocessed item is just as effective and safe as new -then a hospital will use it.. if New is same price then that's a no brainier which way they will go, but for everything else. Game on..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the power launch going? Good luck everyone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is simple, you little shitheads need to get back to work and stop posting on these boards. As your comments regarding managers, we are in the position for a reason, have succeeded as a rep and now provide you with guidance. Stop crying like a little bitch or we will fire your sorry, pathetic, no selling ass.
    Signed,
    A Manager

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above is definately not a manager because our managers didn't succeed as reps they were rejects from US surgical and ethicon that got too old or fat and were sent to pasture. Burn.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This must be what you get when you hire a bunch a pharma rejects into a device company. The bitching on this board is incredible! How about you reps go back to catering lunch to some fat office cows okay? This gig must be too hard for you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You listen here TS/SH/GJ/DG: you ass clowns hired us, so the blame is on you! Maybe if Applied a) made better products that didnt crack/break/fail or b) maybe if Applied paid its reps the industry average, then MAYBE you wouldn't be forced to hire ex pharma reps and could actually hire some halfway decent talent? Ever think of that douchebag?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Wow. You sure told them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ding ding ding! Whose gonna get the last word in? The reps or the managers?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

clearly the rep. The manager is actually working.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an outsider I'm a bit confused. Applied is known as the cheapest in the industry. They are known for products that usually work but no bells and whistles. They rarely are the first to market with anything. Considering this is a 1 dimentional sale (cost), they don't need the most dynamic clinical reps. They need someone who can deliver a price quote and stand in the room during the trial. Surgeons don't demand Applied. They are asked to use it and hopefully they see it as indifferent vs JnJ or Cov.

With this said, why would you expect average pay? Not saying all Applied reps are below average, but that is what you should expect. How do you think Applied achieves it's low costs? Simple, by running a lean machine (which includes paying reps as little as possible). Up and comer's and poor reps are the Applied sales force. Which one are you?

To the guy who thinks he can stop his accts from reprocessing through fear tactics of "what if the patient knew" or "quality will be inferior". Ask JnJ and Cov how that strategy is working.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if Applied is cheap, does that mean JnJ and Cov are considered appropriate?

Why isn't Applied considered appropriate and JnJ and Cov are considered raping the ass of the customer?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JNJ and Cov are the cool kids who get to sit in the back of the class and go to all the cool parties! As an Applied rep, we take the good with the bad. The bad obviously being the bad rap we get but I don't care at the end of the day. I'm paying my bills. The sad truth is that the dum-dums running OR's across the country don't even know how to read a simple contract and make educational, informative, and objective decisions without a JNJ or Cov rep by their side. I don't know if the person above is a competitive rep or a tech/nurse/OR mgr, but if you are the latter, I hope you at least give Applied a chance because at the end of the day, I highly doubt they're lining your pockets. If being an asshole to the Applied rep helps you sleep at night, good for you, you were probably picked on in HS and made fun of your whole life. I guess now you feel like a big shot?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not an RN or an OR mgr, just a 10 yr rep with the same call points as you. I've seen this industry evolve and perhaps I have finally gained some perspective.

From a big picture perspective this is simple supply and demand (of / for reps). JnJ and Covidien charge higher prices because they can. They can because of 2 reasons. 1. They innovate (arguably) more than applied. 2. Due to higher pay scales they can recruit more succesful reps (not always better - but better resume's). They don't run the same risk as applied towards bad hires.

These two things play off each other. By innovating they can get Dr's to demand product. And often times they have a better rep who can better generate interest. This provides the leverage to command higher prices.

This is not a rip on applied reps, just another way of stating the Applies sales force is either up and comers or poor reps. Good reps don't stay here due to the $.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waahahahahaha. They innovate? That's a good one.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best metaphor: expensive or Raping the ass of the customer

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the lube