Fresh off the Press!!.Nancy approved 2nd phase of IT layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2016 at 12:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marco- polo!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello,

This is a true story of Corporate Greed we are facing right now. I am one of the 150 Abbott Laboratories employees who recently lost the job because my job is taking over by Wipro Ltd, Indian outsourcing company. Right now, first time in my life I feel ashamed of being honest and hardworking US Citizen. I am losing this job just because I am hardworking US Citizen who work hard to run the small house. Now this Indian Company Wipro will take over our jobs which we have been doing for years and years with dedication. I feel totally ashamed and humiliated by this conduct. Abbott Laboratories is just a small example. Millions of American jobs are going to different countries and then we question why the unemployment rate is so high in the USA? Why the housing market is so bad? Why people are living in stress? Why people are dying without medical benefits? Why people are behaving crazy sometimes? Outsourcing is a part of these problems as well. One of my friends told me that she got laid off 3rd time in last 4 years. Her previous 2 jobs were outsourced to India. Those companies kicked her out and she came to Abbott. Now Abbott is kicking her out. If this continues, then more than 50% of US IT jobs will go to India and for other 50% US IT jobs Indian outsourcing companies will hire people in US for cheaper rate and no insurance. I feel terrified to send my kids for IT education. I feel what will be their future? After spending so much money in college education here in US jobs are going to India. We feel like these companies are kicking us out like dogs just because we are expensive US citizen dogs. They are not only taking our jobs but they are taking our dignity and pride as well. One other co-worker she was crying in her cube when she received layoff letter. I went to her cube and talk to her. She said she is having medical condition and her husband is out of job as well. He is looking for a job but not finding anything with decent salary and benefits. She said she is providing health benefits to her entire family. After losing this job nobody in her family will have health benefits. One other co-worker she has cancer and she got laid off from abbott and they sent her job to this Indian outsourcing company. One co-worker he went into depression and having suicidal thought. One of my dear friend he just had two strokes because of depression. So many people are in their late 50’s and in 60’s they have medical problems and they are out in the street after serving American Companies for years and years. In Benghazi when US Citizens killed we started senate hearing and all that things and I am very happy about it. Here greedy CEOs killing hundreds of hard-working US Citizens dreams and possibly their life because of this outsourcing and what politicians in White House are doing? Watching this circus? This is how we are going to make America great again? What if something happens to somebody who got laid off and they don’t have medical benefits now? Who will be responsible for all these? I think all politicians and CEO like miles white will be responsible for this mess. Sometimes I think about all those sad faces and their emotional stories. Sometimes I don't get peaceful sleep because of this. Out of all these people who recently got laid off with me so many people serve this country in Army, Navy and Air Force and this is the reward they are getting back from US companies? Most of these people accept the defeat they are saying that whatever happened to us is injustice but we can’t do anything to these people because they are so powerful they have money, power, army of experience lawyers and we don’t have anything. On top of this abbott made us sign PCL agreement under which we can't say anything to anybody!!!!!!!! I feel sick what kind of society we are living!!!!!! These people can play with hard working US citizens life and we can’t say anything about it!!!!!!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i believe he started his own indian outsourcing company

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't you DARE compare an outsourcing of IT geeks to Benghazi. No sympathy here button pusher.
    When you're born, this World don't owe you nothing. Suck it up and deal with it snowflake.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

settle down there goomba before you give yourself a stroke

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love cheeseburgers

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WAAAAHHHH! Stop trying to pretend you're all patriotic and indignant.
    If you were active duty your battle buddy would probably shoot you.
    You're the usual blowhard that "claims" to be all tough and has never done any civil duty.
    Probably sit around at paintball telling everyone you're ex-navy seal or something....
    then go home and play with your "gun"

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is my rifle this is my gun...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marco is a cry baby.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meanwhile those who are still left feverishly polish the brass on the Titanic known as Abbott Corporate IT. It's coming kiddies, hope you have a plan.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could be a game changer. Lets hope so. Presently company relies on both significant outsourcing to Bangalore India as well as some H-1Bs to bring in IT workers. Same as other pharma. The outsourcing has been ramping up and the company probably plans outsourcing 75% of work. This makes economic sense unless there is some kind of penalty tax etc , as the Indian IT workers earn around $7 per hour - less than a burger flipper...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wipro is much more efficient and less costly. Trump WONT get your jobs back.
    Nancy Berce had a YUGE jump on DJT. BTW IT Dept geeks aren't Pharma or sales and i think there's an Abbott IT board for angry sponge bobs like Marco and others Nobody cares !!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And while we're on the subject Berce has you SJM Geeks is her sights too. You'll be first Good Luck

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO WAY !! we were assured we are safe..

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true and here;s the CP Abbott IT Board. Now SCRAM !!!!!!
    http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/forums/abbott-it.440/

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

......and you actually believed that?!?!?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"We want to switch away from a random lottery system, in which it's weighted toward the lowest wage workers, towards a system that prioritizes higher skilled, higher paid workers," said a senior administration official, in a background briefing to reporters on the condition that officials not be identified.

Such an H-1B reform "would make it much more difficult to use it to replace American workers," the administration official said.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3190554/it-careers/trump-to-order-wholesale-h-1b-reform.html

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/04/18/presidential-executive-order-buy-american-and-hire-american

Buy american , hire american. The only comment related to H-1B in it is:

"(b) In order to promote the proper functioning of the H-1B visa program, the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Labor, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, as soon as practicable, suggest reforms to help ensure that H-1B visas are awarded to the most-skilled or highest-paid petition beneficiaries."

Not hard to interpret what this means:
    "As soon as practicable" - means no timeline, so it iwll never happen
    "suggest reforms" - means it will be all talk and no action

So as usual, the fluffers in our government (regardless of party) are keeping the status quo; a whole lot of talk and no action.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nailed it.....