Former Forest Reps...

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart. After tenure you will be set and you do not get ushered out the door by 27 year old that previously worked for a car rental company. It is a good gig. Union contract and they cannot flush at 50 because......well just because.

Look around all mighty drug reps. You live in the exact same neighborhood as teachers and state workers. There is no big prize or differentiations in comparison.

My sister teaches at rural community college and makes 83,000 a year. That is ten grand a month while actively working. Better that most pharma jobs today. Ok, I m ready. Hit me with it. You make 160k annually working for that select bio tech company........

If I had a dime for every displaced rep in the nation sitting at home or selling cars, I could buy a yacht

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why are teachers always complaining about their paychecks? 73k, with great benefits and summers off???? That's a nice gig.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Yes, I became a Harvard Trained Brain Surgeon while making fake calls at Forest and you can too!"

$29.99 VHS tape (30 day money back guarantee)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bio teacher on lunch break. This C-P website is a friendly place to update my former friends at Forest. I failed to mention another perk. I get educational assistance so that I can attend undergrad or grad school in any approved field. School district pays up to 35 credit hours per year. Where I am that's worth up to $20k a year at a very highly rated university. I am going for a MS in Public Health. Its been approved.

So yes I take a financial hit relative to my rep days but I'm having a lot of fun and making decent pay and getting re-educated. I don't know why anyone would complain about a teacher's life. Once I get tenured in 4 1/2 years I have lifetime employment

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad. But as a Rep I make over double your take. I do $188k plus bonus. I also have a 6 hour 'work ' day sometimes less than 4. I also have the benefit of a young attractive gal who works under me. I don't get 35 credit hrs a year but that's ok with me.-

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh sure.....we believe you. Lets take off about 120 of the following and your are getting warm. I wait will for you to tell me about your side business that is on track to do 200k.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad, but as a Forest rep I make a lot more and don't break a sweat. Only downside is that I have an A-hole DM that I cannot avoid seeing every week.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here -please provide a link so I can order it. Looks good.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But do you get summers off? A lot of reps jumped ship only to land in s**t.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you recent defects to Medicines company chiming in here?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where in the hell do you teach? I taught for 8 years prior to pharma and made $32K with 5 certifications and coached! If it were that good, I would have never left. Miss the kids, not the bureaucracy and low pay and benefits.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rhodes Island area. Very strong teachers union in this state. We get everything we demand. Politicians are in our pocket. Almost unbelievable, as long as we vote them in they take care of us. And retirement pension very generous and includes COLA. Best gig ever.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i loved all of you-i miss so many of you! the trainings, the conference call, those silly cake songs, sweet dreams i close my eyes and bead pellet crumbs

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the severence. with my paid out vacation, additional commission, etc I am over $180 for the year. That doesn't include stock options vesting. I found an awesome new job that pays more and is a promotion. This layoff is the best thing to ever happen to me! Word of advice: Don't go through recruiters. They have a bad perception of Forest. You have to go out on your own and impress people yourself or you wont get anywhere.

Laughing all the way to the bank!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great job my friend. I didn't do $180K with severance but not far behind. Probably worth 165K with the vacation pay etc. I am investing about $100K, taking the month of January in Hawaii at a condo at Laihana Maui. Leaving the behind my former life in pharma. I'll restart in highschool teaching after my unemployment runs out next spring.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

miss you dear cup swing-swing those ball in my face any time

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the more serious side, although the first post was stellar. Ive been out for 2 years, went to oncology but not pharma, total compensation $185k+. Life is much greener away from the Forest. My time at Forest was spent getting away from forest asap, couldnt believe it took me 2 years and 35+ interviews to finally get to the promised land. Good luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am blown away by the difference in company culture, benefits/pay, and management at another company. Those of you who haven't found something yet, keep looking. I was on my own, and didn't go through a recruiter. The lay off will be a blessing in disguise!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a junior senority rep at Forest and got wacked back in April. I had made about $60K a year. And that with alot of grief from an overbearing DM who was in my opinion over her head. I retained a pharma recruiter out of NYC and landed in medical device sales. Just completed my probation period of 6 months. I made more than my Forest annual pay in 6 months ! I did $72K in six months and did not kill myself or bust my butt. I project about $150K over 12 months. Hey guys the opportunities out there are tremendous and you Forest reps are sucking hind tit in the company hierarchy. And do not bash the recruiters and their commissions come from the employer NOT YOU.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure!!!! Howard Solomon's salary is 600k . Sure