Foot and ankle sales job

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with wright medical for a foot and ankle sales rep job and wanted to hear from anyone about if this is a good company and how much reps usually make in this job.

I am also considering a job with Stryker and wanted to know which would be better in the long run. I hear that wright has a lot of turn over and wondered why? A friend told me that wright is really jr reps and stryker for more experienced ones.

Really need some inside people's help on this so I don't make a wrong decision.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you played college football and/or are a meathead then go to Stryker.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and if you are a 22 y/o young lady who previously worked in an icecream shop... go with wright.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you want to be with a market leader in foot and ankle, then go with Wright.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True Wright has a very competitive bag, but there is no leadership here. Ask yourself this, if Wright is the place to be because of their product offering why then are they loosing $1M+ reps like Jarboe? You don't walk from a territory like his, but he did!

Go with Stryker! You will have senior leadership as well as regional leadership and support. Don't worry about the gaps in their bag since it is only a matter of time for those to be filled.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So are you guys going on the selling block? Everything I read here points to:

1. Your CEO is known as someone who comes in to clean things up for the sale
    2. Layoffs in 2011 didn't seem to be a cost savings by what others have said considering the additional costs of going direct (buying distributors out, increasing territory managers, forgoing inventory charges/shipping that distributors were paying, increase in salaries/benefits...)
    3. Recon and Foot and Ankle are truly seperate divisions (even Sr executives are one side or the other now)
    4. No investment in recon
    5. Foundary shut down
    6. No one out in the field can get any answers from those insider (no support)
    7. $1M foot and ankle reps walking away from this company

Just seems like there is to many dark clounds hanging over head. My money is on the for sale sign (just wish I had the money to buy some stock to take advantage and cash in when you are boughtout)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a physician, stay away from Stryker. They are hot heads who don't foster relationships with the people they sell to. Wright or Synthes are both better companies who encourage relationships with the buyer, therefore easily increasing your sales.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy answer is Arthrex

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why Arthrex?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright is a decent place to get your foot in the door if you don't have any experience. You just have to know that it will be a stepping stone to getting a job with a real Ortho company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex has superior products for more competitive prices. Have converted so many docs on price alone. Wright is dying out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have a nice rack, we want you to work for us

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical naive, yet somehow cavalier Arthrex rep. Please elaborate on this "superior" product line.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on where you are going to be working. Some area managers are OK and some are horrible. Southeast is OK, the idiot in the Northeast is a joke and has been since he was at Stryker 100 years ago. I have heard good things about the mid west, and do not know much about the other areas.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great Movie!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the Physician; you obviously do no business and thats why Stryker reps dont want to have a relationship with you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking at Foot and Ankle division with Wright. Seems like with the recent purchase of BioMimetec and the possible FDA approval of Augment which will go after a $300 million dollar market, how bad can the Foot & Ankle job be? Also, Stryker F&A jobs have their own problems, like Trauma reps not wanting to give up a small piece of their pie to the rookie F&A reps. So here's my question: What can a good F&A rep make at Wright Medical? Is it 100k - 120K, or can someone still expect to make 150k with hard work??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright's toe sucks ..........look at Digifuse