Field Visits

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When was the last time you had a Field Visit that you felt was beneficial to you and your business?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The field visit, of course, has never been about the business...unless you count the
    business of harassing and pushing out selected non-Kool-Aid drinkers...

also, it justifies the completely obsolete and ridiculous position of CTL or District Manager
    as most companies call them...

what a friggin' joke the whole thing it...

FU MERCK!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am always amused by the "who needs CTLs" comments. So what is the alternative? Thousands of reps in the field who report to Ken Frazier directly? Field visits stink and I bet our managers probably hate doing them also. But I am not sure how you all can simply report to no one.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could by get by with an RSD/Area Director and an RFT (regional field trainer - for the newbies). The RSD could approve expense reports and other items of business with perhaps some assistance from the RFT when needed. The DM is not really needed for reps who have more than a couple years of experience. Just leave these professional sales people alone and let them sell! If performance is an issue, then the RSD can handle that, as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is all one big game to justify salaries; that is how pathetic the $ and time waster has always been and will always be.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This used to be an issue 15+ years ago. Now there is so little for the District Manager ("immediate supervisor") to do. Field based laptops and tablets are collecting and distributing information and teleconferences are replacing meetings. Technology has the potential to increase the "span-of-control". Add to this the stagnation of growth at Merck. There are no promotions. No openings to fill. No new hires to recruit and train. No development programs. It is ironic that today we have managers with less than 10 reps when we easily have the capacity for 20. This is an easy cost cutting opportunity.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are a necessity to provide OBJECTIVE feedback to the rep. Constructive advice will make folks better at their job of SELLING. Embrace ride alongs and LEARN from your management team. Good Selling!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAAHAAAAAA!!! STOP!!!! HAHAAAAHAAAAA MY BELLY HURTS!! HAHAAAHAAAHA!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are joking, right? Visits are as useless as fukstart meetings. Reps know the objectives are always wrong anyway. "Sally stay at home" at 115% when "Walt the workhorse" at 92%. Come on, the whole process is broke azzzz. Just go MBO like GSK and have ctl's manage 15-20 reps.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually look forward to ride alongs with my DM. Afterward I get a feeling of self worth and renewed closing skills. Wonderful company and fantastic managers who nurtured me to perfection. I make plan bonus every year for last two decades. The biggest challenge is the newly arrived snot nosed brats and diversity hires.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your a fool, whoopie, 20 years at bonus plan. Let's say you were an LER for most of the time- 20 years x' s 35k minus 40% tax equals 420k over TWO decades. Shiii aaat, I made that flipping one measly property (after tax) last year alone. Your a peon too lol. Bahaha ahaaaaa

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahahaha! Get your lips off your DM's ass! Holy shit, are you for real? Tell me youre just being sarcastic, pleeeeaaaase!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I told my manager I wish Mother Merck would have hired more like him. This guy is absolutely astounding and he amazes us everyday with innovative approaches. I wrote the RM praising him and his work which reflects the best of Merck. I look forward to another decade here, then I will retire and sell pain creams on the side.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very mature post - thanks!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

too bad its not based in reality. you ever had a FV from one of these fuckass CTL's out west? MoMo land? Its the fucking worst. No brains and nothing to fucking add to anything. Im constantly asked not to bring the douchebag back, but they know I will because its one of the few places I have left to take CTL's. Hopefully, that will be ending soon as they might ban them. FU CTL's. And you know who Im talking about dick face.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that CTLS are required to meet FV metric goals. Boxes must be checked.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that CTLS are required to meet FV metric goals. Boxes must be checked.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good man. You'll be rewarded handsomely. Would you consider a position retraining the underachievers here ? We'll make it worth your while.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So much anger! Get help from your CTL.