FIELD RIDES

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Jun 4, 2016 at 3:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why has Lundbeck become obsessed with field rides all of a sudden? It's now once every 4 weeks! RD's think they are now ASM's! One of my docs have actually asked questions about what is going on. In one office, both a Beta and Gamma rep (I am one of the 2) were in the same office with the same ASM in the same week! Some ASM's have just a few reps, while other have a dozen. I never rode this much with my big pharma company DM! It slows the day down dramatically.

What's the real reason behind this?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big Pharma mgrs run this company. End of story.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is an absolute joke! Not to mention having managers ride with reps outside of their own district. They say this is so the ASM can see what good looks like in other areas???? PLEASE!!! Stop insulting our intelligence....WE ARE COMPETING AGAINST EVERYONE IN THE NATION....We are ranked and bonused on how we do compared to all others in the country. God how I loved when we started with this company they told us "go out and do what you all know how to do, you are all the best at what you do. Go run your territory like it's your own business". I can tell you we were all far more productive then.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all started when Glover came onboard. I have several friends with major pharma companies, and none of them ride with their managers as much as we do. I think with Trin not doing near as well as they expected, and having little to no pipeline, they are getting very worried. When you have RD's riding 3 to 4 days in the field each week, you know something is not right. Things are going to get real interesting.

And, yes you are right, we do compete with every other rep/ASM in the nation, since we are forced ranked. Talk about not wanting to help anyone with anything, that's what forced ranking does!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! I could have written this first post. Be thankful for the one day field ride because my team is riding 2 full days every 4-5 weeks. Yes, you read that right. And 4-5 days a week of riding for this ASM. never OnCE when I was at Big Pharma was it ever this crazy. I don't have to ask what the hell is going on. I know the answer. Panic mode! Brin/trin is FAR off goal. MUST make the one billion mark. Will not. CORe is hard core going to annihilate the US sales force next year without that figure. Things got cheap around here. They have No money. Budgets cut for lunches. They said it themselves for the promotions "they had to evaluate how much money they had". Has ANY company not given someone a promotion of a few thousand bucks cause they didn't have it? Writing is on the wall. RUN!!! They know it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something is definitely up. 2 day field rides are not common place anymore, except here. Many ASM's have only a few reps, so they live in your car. Add the RD, FT rides and you are seeing the beginning of the end. You are right, they are definitely in panic mode! So what do you want to bet, that we will have ANOTHER meeting in a couple of months! I also think you are right about something major happening next year if we don't hit the billion dollar figure (which I don't think we will).

Start the looking process now, and maybe by the end of the year or the first of next year, we can find something.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a little late for the job search. 3-4 companies just finished major expansions. The top tier reps already got out by landing those spots.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With micromanagement being taken to a new level, you will see more and more people leaving. It's going to get much worse as the year goes by.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With many of the tier 1 reps already filling many of the top expansion field sales jobs open, it will be difficult for the tier 2 and tier 3 reps that remain to find decent jobs on the open market.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those who were passed over for the Acadia jobs will die a slow death in Lundy's big,pharma model.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am dying. A very painful slow death.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is the boss scheduled to work with you next for the 2 day ride along. That's bush league and so glad I left this rat hole.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I have taken all I can take of our new micromanagement philosophy. I contacted 2 recruiters today, and already have a phone screen scheduled. The change in Lundbeck has been happening for months now. I am treated like a newbie. I am just tired of it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I can tell, it appears that Beta and Gamma have it the worst. Much worse than Alpha and Neuro. I think all of Beta/Gamma have experienced an amazing change in the company management philosophy. I don't think Alpha/Neuro have changed much at all. The change to a big pharma, micromanagement philosophy has absolutely destroyed morale. RBD's are now nothing more than glorified ASM's, as many on here have repeatedly stated. This all works to sabotage sales.

To the above poster, if you can post the contact info of the recruiters you spoke with, we would all be very much appreciative.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're talking in circles. You say Alpha/Neuro is not affected with micro mgmt and then you close by asking for help to find a new job. What a fool! Lunbeck is run by big Pharma drones who came from other big Pharma companies. It's spread through here like a cancer.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Robotic field rides with Managers instructing reps to recite a canned script takes the focus away from the docs and their patients and insults them in the process.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are many companies out there besides the 4 completing expansions. Several recruiters hitting it hard lately for very specialized sales teams.

$1 bill will happen, it will happen by cutting every budget, every promotional dollar, t and e, and every dollar that can support patients. With all the field rides, travel money adds up, wouldn't they slow these down to save some dollars?

The only budget that will not get cut , include the bonuses for the VPs.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. The starfish are slowly dying. Not exactly customer/ patient focused when we have to warn about ride days with certain people and then apologize later. All to get the right sims boxes checked. Not sure how much longer I want to play this game. Not sure how much longer our customers will either.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The travel money has got to be adding up quickly. Think about it for a second. Field Trainers flying all over with flight/hotel/car expenses. Now, ASM's flying to ride with reps in other districts, incurring enormous expenses, and to what end? A fake "best practice" or two? Come on JA and PA... YOU FORCE RANK US FOR GOD'S SAKE! There is no reason for anyone to help anyone with this setup! Now we have to put on a dog and pony show every few weeks with constant field rides, with a ASM that is screaming about some stupid patient profile that 4 or 5 other reps are ALSO talking about! Docs are actually asking what's going on with all the additional people in their offices! We are cutting our on throats with our customers.

I am amazed at how much this company has changed. Is our CEO to blame, or the team in the U.S.? It really doesn't matter. This philosophy can't last much longer. Something has got to give. The question is what, and when.