Field Ride-Alongs by FLL every 2 weeks

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Next time my manager wants to ride with me, I'm giving her my dick ride on! Put these nuts on that FTC baby. Tickle my taint while you're at it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He needs help.....very childish, and we are sure he can't get along with the ladies.....he has to show his illness anonymously on the internet. Very frightening kid. :cool:

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eat my asshole please. I'm clean.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry Troll, but no one is interested in your sick fantasies.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bzzzzz. Wrong....much of the cuts involve getting rid of low performing slackers like you that now spend your time trolling the board as a way of getting mental revenge on the company that rightfully kicked you out the door.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like something a douchebag manager would say!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are just trying to stir the pot. If a ride along doesn't bring any value (and let's face it - they rarely do) , all they are doing is stressing out the office, who wants to make the rep look good by giving them more time than they normally would, and ultimately deciding to either drastically cut back seeing reps or fully stopping access because they are taking too much time to accommodate the rep with their ride along. Offices have told me over and over this is happening, and sometimes it's actually the staff that asks the doctor to cut back seeing the reps because it cuts into patient time and the staff ends up staying late, which no one wants to do.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride alongs bring value. It ensures that you are doing your job. It will become evident that you have been milking it when you don't know office times, have a logical route, etc. Having a manager with you does not take up any more time in an office.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the company had any guts it would look into all of the documented calls and easily see how many are fake. Having a manager in the office DOES take up more time, but you wouldn't know that. You are merely another manager attempting to justify his/her job. If Wall Street knew of all the fakery going on....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why not let sales decide who is doing their job and who isn't? Every other industry could care less about how you get the numbers. It's all about the bottom line. Either you get the job done or you don't. Who cares how you get there?

Why this industry has to be micromanaged like a bunch of high school kids is beyond me. It's truly a bizarre culture for a true sales organization.

IMO, managers do ride a longs so they can find excuses to further thin the herd as sales continue to tank and HR is forced to cut the sales force.

Riding with a rep every 2 weeks does nothing but tell your sales force that you don't trust them to do their job. That's really motivating GSK. Keep it up. I'm sure this initiative will do wonders for sales(scarcasm off). Bunch of amateurs run this sales team.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all know that 80% of the reps out there will only put in minimal effort if they can get away with it. Because of this, the only way to address it is by having ride-alongs. Each of us can ride with another rep and can tell in a couple hours if this person has been a slacker. Knowing that another ride-along is coming keeps things from slipping.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having a manager does NOT take more time. Stop making excuses.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Most reps are usually working a 10-3 job. Anyone who says otherwise is just not dealing with reality.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what? Who cares if they work 1 hour day as long as they are getting it done. I'd take a rep who can sell who works minimally over one that can't that works 10 hours a day any day of the week.

You guys have it all backwards. Sad

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll try to be nice and politically correct my dear sir. but you are a complete idiot and obviously a slacker like the ones you defend !

:cool:

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wall St only cares about the bottom line. It's not about how you got there son. You sound like a recent masters grad regurgitating what some professor or algorithm taught you about how to be successful at sales. You'll learn someday kid.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The idea of "ride-alongs" is antiquated. Back in the day, before cell phones, laptops and iPads, it was difficult to communicate with one another. Voicemail was all we had or our office phone. Those days gone by were way back in the 90's. ( by the way, the industry sold billions under this system). Technology over the last fifteen years has made GPS possible. It has made the virtual meeting possible. A manager can call or text you any time, day or night. When was the last time you checked your Octel? LOL! Tracking a reps performance has never been easier! Managing a district has never been easier! The company can view where you and your iPad are at anytime they want. They can see when you get your first signature and when you get your last. Yet, the company believes that frequent "ride-alongs" will drive sales. The only thing that our current work-contact format drives is a high level of anxiety! Reps struggle with physician access and cringe about bringing the manager in to the same accounts every time. Managers add almost no value during a call. It's not that reps cannot see their customers it's just that not all customer interactions allow for a "marketing interaction with Q&A". It's not the reps fault. They are doing what their territory marketplace allows. In my opinion, a good manager would play the game, just a little. They would see a rep once a month. Month one would be a business review and a call to two key docs...Done. Next month would involve a couple of calls in the morning and a lunch with a key office...then manager would offer feedback and let the rep finish his/her day on their own...done. etc etc. Everyone wins! Reps are less stressed. Management can isolate deadwood and practice performance management where necessary. This system would allow managers to have a 14 rep headcount and be effective. Not like we do know...1 manager for 6 reps. A total joke!! What I have written is business 101. GSK leaders apparently never took that class.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope #36 understood that, and hope it was not too complicated or deep for him to understand. He is a slacker and defends slackers......how does he think one can achieve goals by not working a full day....?.....guess he relies on his team ! Probably a millennial expecting free things, and may be living with Mom......!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's called "talent". If you had some you'd understand.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trolling the board is NOT a talent and don't pretend like you understand.