Feedback from some Sancuso reps

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

job in Beckley advertised on Careerbuilder, can anyone give reason why this has come up so early in contract?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is beckley and who posted the job?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bECKLEY W. Virginia as patch, careerbuilder as poster

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try Innovex, job is in Prostrakan joint venture Oncology Sancuso

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

expansion position for prostrakan contract in W. Virginia

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was told at original interviews taht was fixed at 76, you sure this is expansion not early replacement

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like 4 TO 6 extra 6 month contracts- Innovex job 6154, sales doing well hence expansion

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you required to have Onc experience for this contract? I've read many of the posts, and it's sounds like many of you have had previous oncology positions, I'm just wondering if it was required. I saw a few of the postings on the Innovex website, and while I believe some are 6 month projects, I'm not sure if all are. The Seattle, WA position doesn't specifically state the 6 month period like the other 6154 positions do. I'm coming off another Novaquest contract, and wanted to look at this position. I have 8 yrs pharma, and 1 year specialty. Am I out of luck w/o onc experience? Thanks, I appreciate any help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't put up numbers don't waste your time. You have about 3 months to put up numbers otherwise your toast. Oncology or no oncology doesn't matter....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, looks like I got my answer. Thanks!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see a lot written here about the "USP" for Sancuso.

The product, price and positioning (the very basis of marketing) are completely wrong. Transdermal patches are useful to improve bioavailability and thereby improve efficacy and also to reduce side effects related to first pass metabolism. With Sancuso, granisitron is not improved in this way by the transdermal system. It's putely a tenuous argument on convenience.

Most patch systems are used for chronic disease, not acute disease such as this. These patients are managed in the acute setting by healthcare professionals at the side of the patients bed. The USP of convenience is not a real USP at all when other (much much cheaper) generic options are able to be administered for the patients (not BY the patients).

So the product has a high price based on a totally false USP. There can only be a USP if there is a need for the product in the first place.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is the new strategy having any impact. Will this drug ever do the US100m that management guided too?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doh!!!

OMG, as I read this I can't believe it. I am a stage IV cancer patient with a rare cancer, desperately trying to find a way to afford the Sancuso patch.
    FYI:

Yes, it works great!!!. Far better than zofran or other oral drugs. The transdermal system allows you to function well without feeling knocked out with all the pills throughout the day,

Yes, I don't think alot of cancer patients know about it. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Yes, it is huge expensive! and medicare patients are left out of the all the coupon deals. We pay part medicare part A, plus supplemental, plus part D drug premiums and still have to pay$200 per patch.

Really, Really disappointed in the fact that I can't get it at a reasonable price since I hit the medicare donut hole. Will probably just give up on the chemo. What's the medical oath again. "Do no harm" Well this type of pricing and marketing is harmful. Sorry to be impolite, just really upset about it.