Feedback from some Sancuso reps

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To bad they did not teach you how to actually sell this product. I am not blaming the sales force. It is upper management for not knowing the market place and their targets.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my point exactly, upper management hasn't got a clue. ProStrakan hired a bunch of incompentent upper management leaders with no oncology experience. Big pharma doesn't work in oncology. Stop the big pharma, let the reps do their job. Or fold it all up and go sell a primary care product....
    Little minds lead to small results...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. So how would you, or others, sell the product?

Furthermore, a poster mentioned issues relating to excessive micro-management and it decreasing efficacy of sales. So, overall,s it an issue of the sales structure or is it the product? How important is oral mucositis within the overall CINV patient population? Is the ease-of-use of the patch a genuine selling point?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Message 1.
    COST is NOT a factor to a chemo patient. Comfort is. If a doc is blowing that in your face, you have not sold him/her or the infusion nurse.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Financial reimbursement for the physician is an issue. If you think that the docs are walking away from the IV anti-emetic you have absolutely no clue...and you don't know oncology.
    Your idea about the patient is quaint.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the product is ideal. mucositis is small portion of the overall CINV market.
    Ease of use sells in the refractory patient. You have to address the financials of the product for the oncologists. If you keep ignoring it, you will always have second line use of this product. No practitioner is going to lose money to use this product first line. Management just ignores reality. If you don't change the situation you won't get any different results. No matter how much you micro manage the sales force.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but 54% of chemo patients stop going for chemo due to CINV. Where is the doctors money now?

PS I know oncology and I am a chemo patient.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee Whiz Yoda, then why is it sancuso isn't flying off the shelves?
    Is it because 54% of the chemo patients stop chemo due to CINV?
    You tell me why the doctors persist in using aloxi?
    Oh is it the long half life? Does CINV discontinuation stop Zofran use?
    Oh wise CINV patient, what am I missing? What are the doctors missing?
    Oh and the money, the doctors have the money, you don't need to worry about that...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is the key point. In any form of sales, there will always be an initial resistance to change delivery method for an established solution. Hower, I'd imagine that the starting point for getting the product established with docs/oncologists etc would be to focus on the patients that have a high relevance & need (ie oral mucositis and those highly resistant of IV) , and once these patients (successfully) use the product than its efficacy and ease of use benefits will be clear to the docs.

Is this, perhaps, what is going on now? Or are the hanging fruit (the high relevant patients) too small in number, in order generate enough sales and awareness in the oncology community? Everyone on here seems to like the product.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of don't work for ProStrakan. Only top management. so this post is definately a manager.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like more managers are on this thread than reps. Maybe that is because reps are out working.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant management and sponsor
    Useful product claims
    Low cost
    Liked by Patients

Successful training
    High sales
    Interested docs
    Tight but achievable targets

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone got anything sensible to say!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chuck was a primary care manager that was let go by Solvay. Nice guy with no specialty or oncology experience. That is why this contract is being run like primary care. What else can you expect!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What sales

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone willing/able to make any sensible comment re success/failure and how the product is being viewed by docs/patients

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

success/failure depends on whether management continues to increase investment in the marketing of the product. Increased level of promotion necessary. Also Medicare D coverage very low. Co-Pay assistance/subsidies for underinsured patients would increase speed of uptake.
    Share of voice too low. Half of the oncology market is unaware of sancuso.
    No financial incentive to use product slowing uptake.
    Product works and patients seem to do well on product.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are they planning an expansion?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unlikely in near future, Prostrakan dont have the cash and suspect not an attractive option (for Novaquest) in the agreement between Prostrakan and Novaquest. Proposed changes to rebate etc in presidential healthcare announcement likely to encourage caution in terms of expansion. If successful and new products come through and ..... then expansion possible in two years - for now it's survival, mixed messages in previous feedback BUT none absolutely screaming success

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, good resume, and interesting