Farewell, Alcon!

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This forum used to have hidden, insightful information about our company, but it has now gone to something I can't even describe. It all makes sense though. As we lose talent, we lose intelligent conversation. Now this is what we are left with as a company.

Good bye insightful forum. But more sadly, good bye Alcon.

ex-alcon likes this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, grown men and women posting childish insults on a daily basis about their superiors that they identify through their initials. The constant bickering and whining about Alcon like a bunch of children who didn't get the toys they wanted for Christmas.

Your definition of "intelligent" and "insightful" is obviously different from mine. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

3. YOLO

YOLO Guest

I liked your posts, they were sincere and not the nasty ones that the 2 individuals posting as 10 individuals usually use to spread negativity. Yes it's really hard and stressful, but we do have Texas and friends, it's possible! Don't think I am all 'happy days' I go home tired and disappointed too, but I hope that that special thing that was Alcon will burst through especially under new leaders and without the Novartis grinding us to a halt with bureaucracy! YOLO

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are living in a dream world if you think that somehow Alcon will come back. It is (and has been 3 years from now) time to move on (TOMO).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, riiiiiiiight... "Mr. anonymous poster, whoever you are, I really enjoyed your anonymous posts among all of the other anonymous posts. Your anonymous posts were more sincere than all of the other anonymous posts, which I'm sure were two anonymous posters posting as ten other anonymous posters."

Get the hell out of here with your bullshit.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually feel bad for what was once a really great place to work. Most reps don't remember or weren't around for the European P-Club trips, the huge Q4 payouts (overachiever'dollars) or when the rep, DM, RD and VPs would work together to close business. All of it's gone and that's why so many good people are gone too. The new regime just doesn't get it and not doing anything of substance to fix it. Big pharma/Novartis wrecks another small specialty company.

Talk the tenured people, listen to them, find out what made Alcon great and make changes. (Not that anybody in upper management is reading this.)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regulations and laws have changed from the 'golden days'. They've been changing for over the past decade. The burden and strictures of government have made all of our jobs more difficult to accomplish. That dumbass Chuck Grassley saying 'See, incentives get doctors to write brand name drugs' is bullshit. That old bastard doesn't realize there aren't generic sales forces out there because no one makes money on them. No one develops drugs for generic use, it takes brand name development to have generic ever happen.

It's dumbasses like him and almost everyone in government that are screwing the entire healthcare market.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been reading through the forum to see all the negativity, like all companies. However, not understanding the true core reason why everyone is leaving. Is it simply management that no one likes? I see that people have said everyone is leaving by the end of the month? Why?

I was actually looking into a job here . . .

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reasons are far too many and it's way beyond fixing, at least in the short term. No one "gets it" anymore. If you are interviewing here ask anyone above field level to explain what Alcon sells, how those products fit into ophthalmology, and how those products are different than competitors. That's how you determine how good the leadership team is. What is their understanding of the business. ZERO, they are ghosts.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you mean the same government that recently implemented the "ACA" designed to enrich the health insurance companies and doesn't negotiate drug prices in order to get the best deal for taxpayers?

it's not the market that's getting screwed.

it's YOU!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jesus, another MF'ing dumbass lauding the ACA

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh dear...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that the Pfizer - Allergan deal is dead, How about if Novartis move Alcon (Surgical and Opti-care) to Ireland and then sell to Pfizer? At least the NVS investors will get some of the money back that they spent to shaft Alcon.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfiser may buy, if NVS take back all the dumb guys they send to Alcon. Because even a kid who knows what is an eye, knows who has killed Alcon

ex-alcon likes this.
  15. ex-alcon

ex-alcon new user

16. ex-alcon

ex-alcon new user

I feel happy after left terrible Alcon 2012