Eye Care BU

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THEN LEAVE! And let the rest of us be happy with our new jobs. If you are complaining this 3arly you really need to go somewhere else. Maybe to couselling but certainly to another job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, a VERY experienced sales force. My district has all but one person with over 10yrs in eyecare. The other is around 5 yrs. We are all used to making $140- $150k with bonuses. That is very high in eyecare. It may not suit you, but it does us. Thank you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen to you here - It's a sales job!!! Sitting around for 10 years happy to make a pittance shouldn't make you a shoe in. I've hired many people over the years and give me a solid rep with skills who is motivated and they will deliver.

Let's get real, will ya? You're selling frickin' eye drops for dry eyes, not curing cancer. Eyecare experience doesn't mean crap. Man o man are you B&L lackies naive.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree 100% - - - the troll must go!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when are they having interviews on the district level?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The eyecare experience doesn't mean much from a disease state learning curve, but hiring someone with experience in this space that has a good track record means they have RELATIONSHIPS and that's why they hired so many with eye care experience.

But you did nail it. We are ultimately (and eventually) "selling frickin' eye drops". The picture you're not apparently seeing though is that we are so overpaid considering that we're "selling frickin' eye drops". Now if you want to lump me in with pro athletes, CEOs, etc. for people who have jobs where they're overpaid, I'll gladly accept. I'd rather have THIS job and be overpaid versus being lumped into the public schoolteacher category for someone that works their butt off and gets paid very little.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Schoolteachers underpaid?
    I know teachers who are making 90k plus, summers off, pension down the road. Teaching doesn't sound so bad when you look at what we have to do everyday to keep our job.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe in California with tenure. Not where I live. Elementary schoolteacher fresh out of college will make between $30K-$40K. I do live in the midwest and yes, my state loses teachers every year because of being underpaid. But yeah, they get their summers off. Who cares about having your summer off though when you don't have any money to spend?! Probably why I've seen many teachers become drug reps.

College professors, on the other hand, that's a pretty good gig.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's hilarious!
    I am doing the same exact thing!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe we should form an alliance on the real estate front! Where are y'all located?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kansas City. I run the sales team.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is SHIRE!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TRY the major sweet suburban area of big cities....six figure on all teachers salaries by year 3-5!!!

Cushy jobs!!! Work half the year and get big perks, bennies and massive pensions!!

Yep..high taxed states reel it in for the teachers!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are people in the OBU already looking for a new gig.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not! Stop posting loser.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tedious & Pathetic Troll Posting!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So naive

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I'm new and can't speak for everyone I can confidently say that I am out of here first chance I get. What I saw at that meeting makes me not want to be a part of this long term.