Eye Care BU

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am interviewing next week for an eyecare position in New York and am at Novartis selling Alcon. Is Perry or Kathy over here or are they in Neuro? This will play huge in my deicison to staying put or making the move...honest answers if you can help yourself

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, she is head of eye BU

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are retarded, learn proper English before posting.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Careful or you will be labeled a fired troll who is falsely stirring up lies.

What you ask is true and if knowing they are running the show will prevent you from joining Shire then smart move! We wish we had a do-over, especially with Kathy. Chances are though, if you were not recruited by her or if you don't have a good relationship by kissing her ass, you don't stand a chance. Take it as a lucky thing and go somewhere else. She has gotten worse.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The interview process was a total nightmare....we were treated like children at a rodeo. Herded here herded there and we always had to be accompanied by a camp counselor to and from our interviews. The entire process was like being at a time share sales session. The interviewers played good cop bad cop and replayed the old "stress interview" maneuver as if we were from 2005 big pharma and desperate for a job. This is not the recession in pharma anymore and Shire will not attract talent with this type of hiring process. I was disgusted and embarrassed to have even taken part in this process with shire. It seems like it will be a miserable division to work in. And the way KK treated people!! Nobody deserves to be treated like an ISIS hostage after making the effort and taking the time to fly to your interview and stay overnight. Disturbing division.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sooo...Did you get the job?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I take it you did not receive a job offer. Sorry but you did not qualify.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lmao, spot on! And YES I got an offer

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truly doubt you got the job troll boy.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup and it was a good offer, took it. Here, FL was a fun experience.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This BU feels very PC: # calls per day, metric based, two day manager ridealongs EVERY month, tracking EVERYTHING in Veeva. I think I made a mistake coming here. This is not Biotech mentality it's PC.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be candid, this is pharma 2016! Every company is into metrics analysis. We are no different from our peers. I don't complain and just do what is required. I like my paycheck and hope to retire early with investment properties. Have a good selling day!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No not every company

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit. I know of at least three other highly respected pharma companies that don't micromanage the way this company now does. I've also never seen a leader who is so in the weeds as this VP is.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did not receive an offer. If I did not qualify then why was I flown to Chicago and put up in a hotel? I did a phone screen with Princeton One. I was not pulled in off the street. I qualified for sure. Perhaps our chemistry did not jive? Perhaps they did not like me for whatever reason. Interviewing is a two a two way street. Perhaps I did not like them? It is perfectly fine not to move me forward if you do not feel like I am a fit. All I am saying is that it was a very abusive interview and it is unnecessary to treat people so poorly. It says much about the company.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I went through the whole process as well and did not receive an offer. When I found out the salaries/experience of the candidates that did get an offer, I understood. I also agree that the interviews are a 2 way street and one should never take "not getting the job" personally. So many factors are involved in the decision, why waste the energy getting upset or bitter....when one door closes, another ALWAYS opens and that's when it's the "aha" moment that everything worked out the way it was supposed to!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must not be at the same Shire as the rest of us. Go back to your cave troll.