Explain why Rotoprone sucks

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2007 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$1800 a day

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much does one's life cost??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aprox 1 soul to satan.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

after 42 years I would think you want her dead

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally, someone with a heart!!!! If you people weren't so worried about money and having to actually work for your money, you would see what true "health care professionals" care about!!! If it were your daughter, son, parent, grandparent, etc.... would you put in the extra effort or hours even with a chance to possibly save their life???? If not, I'm glad your not my family!!!! Even the "MD"....things NEVER work perfect all of the time....and you should know that as an MD!!! Were you mad that you had to actually spend two hours at the pt's bedside????? Probably!!! In my opinion, if I or anyone else in my family got stuck in one...I would be thankful that EVERYTHING is being done to attempt to save a life!!!!! If I lived in that area, I would make sure my family doesn't use that MD that will not use the Rotoprone....I would want a chance to possibly make it...not lay there and drown in my own mucous!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I believe YOU are the jack ass!!! Yes there is such a thing...the original beds were Rotorest and Deltarest!!! Do your company research before you run your stupid mouth!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a service that looks good from a propagada standpoint (it's the right thing for the patient also) but our leadership struggles with how to manage it. DB has no idea of the landscape we are working in, therfore the propaganda will soon only be negative. DB and the founder of this firm couldn't be further appart in a belief structure, as DB no skin in the the game. The hope is that the technology is purchased and our structure can be a part of that.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not believe that those people really work for KCI!!! The people saying those things work for the competition and are just trying to make KCI look bad so the can reap the benefits!!! It is a sad world that there are so many greedy people in this world and care more about money than human life!!! Trust me when I say KCI is an AWESOME company!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no money in saving lives, this is a company and is about making money

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a lot of this positive is coming from a KCI rep.....Rotoproner is a nightmare for the patient and the nursing staff. If any therapy for preventing ARDS is instituted before the crutial 24 hour period of a patients negtive x-ray, or indications show that Rotational Therapy is needed and is instituted the recovery will most likely be close to the same as the rotoproner (minus the negative effects of pressure ulcers related to moisture, and strapping the patient in so tight). Initiate therapy early folks for positive results, don't wait until the x-ray is whited out to figure out you need to do something. Proning should only be used as a last ditch effort when grasping at straws for life. CLRT via any bed when initiated within 24 hours of intubation has been proven to stop VAP, the leading cause of ARDS!!!!!!!

12. I am sorry so many of you dislike the amount of your precious time this bed uses. I am here today to write this thanks to the roto prone bed. When I arrived at the hospital, I was clinically dead. After being resisitated, I was taken to ICU. It is my understanding that within 30 minutes of being there, I was placed in the bed. I was given no chance of making it through that night, much less the next. I was on a vent for 21 days and then was given a traechotomy. All of this was caused by H1N1, pneumonia, and ultimately ARDS. I was in the hospital for eight weeks, before going to rehab. I spent another 2 months in rehab. I am so grateful to God, and to the most wonderful, patient doctors and nurses who are in their profession because they care about people. My family told me of the hundreds of hours the ICU nurses and my doctors spent tirelessly by my bedside. I am so grateful Baptist Hospital in Oklahoma City had the forethought to spend the money for this bed. I was recently rehospitalized for the same thing; not one of the ICU nurses or my doctor complained about the amount of time they spent with me; in fact they told me it was a privilege. I am a miracle, thanks to the rotoprone bed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great therapy, too bad we can't ship it to our customer ....free. Tomorrow looks are ugly for this offering. We aren't seeing 51% return on our servicesas in other divisions.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does anyone REALLY care if these people live or die? I work for a paycheck and a life, not to help other people

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

money is good on them, but they are always broken or breaking under a patient

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My cousin just had a baby. They both left the hospital healthy and normal. In less then 24 hours later she was rushed to the emergency room not able to breath. She has been in a medically induced comma since then. She has been code blue twice. She has been in the Rotoprone bed for five days now. I am hoping she makes it out of this. She has a newborn baby that needs her. Can anyone give me hope she will pull threw?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry about your cousin, hope she gets better. But just to make sure I understand what you are thinking. She goes on a Rotorprone, so you do a search for Rotorprone and find a site titled "Explain why Rotorprone Sucks", and decide that this is the place to come seek medical advice???? Are you kidding. or is this serious? You should probably ask her doctor or Respiratory therapist and not people on a blog. Very many angry or stupid people here with little of no medical expertise.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try putting the baby in there with her, that sounds like a good idea.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I HATE BEING ON CALL- I did not sign up for this crap as a professional sales person!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ouch.....