Ex GSK employees

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have noticed a trend with recruiters in the post PF Era. They simply do not return calls or emails. Maybe it is because I am old, maybe it is because I was offered early retirement, maybe it is because other companies don't want ex-GSKers that don't have any sales data in their brag book. Maybe it is various combos of all three. But I have never had a recruiter simply NOT CALL OR WRITE BACK. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am sure the trolls will come out for this one...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think you answered your own question.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did not have this problem. Those I keep in contact were also able to easily get another job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how old are you?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, maybe not given response #3

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hang in there. Recruiters and hiring managers are increasingly becoming aware of what a dysfunctional basket case GSK is. Near the end of my search they wouldn't even ask me about numbers. They were more curious about how this Patient First thing worked. They would either shake their heads or laugh after I explained it to them.

What's even more fun is going to training and seeing other former GSK'ers. We'd all share war stories and laugh about how ridulous the GSK became the past few years. Once you get out you'll realize that it's the laughingstock of the industry.

Keep plugging away. You'll find something.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks very much for your optimtistic outlook. I will keep plugging away.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you guys love to talk bad about the company after you were fired.......? Seems like a healthy mind would move on and get out of denial. You were fired; your skill set was very low ; maybe you were not working; and maybe caught cheating. Most would not broadcast this sad information. Move on with your lives and let the balloon go !

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha. Dope.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boing!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know. Ask Moncef.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn't talking bad about GSK. I simply said that due to the lack of being compensated on sales, we might be seen as less able to show a prospective employer any SELLING.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So......you are a job hopper ? Worried about the next move ? You may want to concentrate on your present job, excel, and get awards............THEN you can build your resume.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn't fired. You sound like a mean man. I bet you work in Hep C slinging Vpak

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What award would that be? Best looking COT? GSK doesn't award people based on skill sets. It rewards gender and skin color and whatever else legal has shoved down their throat. Forced rankings based on check boxes and the opinions of newly promoted female FLL's are a joke for ranking salepeople and any other future employer would laugh at you for suggesting anything otherwise.

The whole thing is a sham and the rest of pharma knows it. Interviews are based on behavioural/situational questions now anyways. If you've had multiple wins in the field then you will be able to do fine in a job interview without numbers.

For gods sake the last thing you want to do is to try and use anything related to Patient First. You would be laughed out of the interview.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don't know the rewards and awards of working for this great company.....I pity you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Past tense